Forums Latest Members

SOLD [1400E SOLD] Omega Seamaster 120 ref. 136.027, 1968

1. gwzymytk Jan 7, 2017

In my pursuit of a modern Seamaster 300 of the Master Co-Axial variety, I decided to let go some recent vintage acquisitions that didn't really appeal to me that much. I may make a mistake (very much probable) but I want to wear all the watches I own and these little fellows aren't getting much wrist time.

First on the chopping block - Omega Seamaster 120 ref. 136.027 - manual wind cal. 613 from approx. 1968.
    As with my other pieces, all comments from more experienced members are welcomed. I have owned just a few vintage pieces, try to document them as much as possible, but errors may still appear. I would very much prefer a private message or a private discussion first, I will include all new information in the original post. Openly discussing the piece in the thread is of course possible.

Case - original condition, most likely unpolished (except caseback, described below). Edges are still sharp and plenty of dings and scratches attest to the rich history of this watch. Approx. 37mm excluding crown.
    Caseback - polished on the exterior edge and with some marks from an unsuccessful attempt to open it (refer to the last picture, more visible there). The medallion drawing in the center is nicely preserved and very visible, my guess is that the polish occurred around it.
    Bezel - original to my knowledge, shows signs of wear and some loss of color (most prominent at the 15 marker)
    Crown - marked Omega, original, non-screwback (as it should be).
    Crystal - original acrylic, Omega-signed in the middle, with few scratches and signs of use.
    Dial - original in good condition. The script remains intact; hour markers developed uniform specific patina. Applied logo.
    Hands - correct to this model. Luminous material shows the passage of time but is still present.
    Movement - hand-wound cal. 613 with date quickset. All functions work correctly, date changes nicely. Recently serviced by my go-to watchmaker (www.ceasornicarie.ro) with a very comprehensive portofolio and plenty of experience in vintage pieces. Some mechanical warranty still remain (expires November 1st 2017) and service papers are provided. Serial in the late 27 million range places watch assembly around 1968.
    Waterproof: NOT guaranteed due to opening of the caseback.
    Bracelet: Show signs of wear and significant stretch but complements the watch nicely. Will fit wrist sizes up to 19-19.5 cm (maybe 20 cm, not 100% sure). It measures 16.2 cm including endlinks, laying flat on a surface.
    The clasp is stamped 1153/138 (specific to a Dynamic bracelet) and end-links are stamped 574 (19mm) which are appropriate for clasp 1098. The rest of the bracelet appears also to be an 1098, so my guess is the clasp got swapped at some point. This is how I bought the watch and, again, fits the watch head rather nicely.

Price: EUR 1900 (1400) shipped by TNT. SOLD. Thank you OF for the space! Paypal only available to established members with relevant positive feedback. SWIFT bank transactions or other methods that do not incur taxes on my end are possible, 3% discount.
    Trades: Yes, I want the Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial. Other trades may be considered (Rolex, JLC, Omega) with cash on both sides, shoot me a private message and I will reply politely.
    I am not keen on selling the watch at this point, so not in a hurry to sell.

Item is located in Craiova, Romania, within the EU. All duties or any other additional taxes are the sole responsibility of the buyer. I will provide step-by-step pictures/scans of the packaging and shipping process but once the package leaves my hands I have no power over it.
    I am a seller on Ebay under the same username for over 14 years and have 100% positive feedback with over 582 transactions (over 1000 individual transactions!) and many watches shipped to multiple locations (USA, Canada, the UK, the Netherlands etc.). For any other trust-related issues I can provide further credentials or proof of identity.

I also have several references on WUS, both as a seller and as a buyer. I can provide reference for other transactions as well (Omega 2254.50, Heuer Montreal sold to a very reputable dealer etc.).
    Three successful transactions on OF, one as a buyer and two as a seller (my Longines Chronograph went to Austria, my Blancpain went to France).

https://omegaforums.net/threads/gwzy...-seller.47289/
    gwzymytk great seller
    gwzymytk is the best seller ever (probably)
    gwzymytk - Great buyer
    I bought a Longines Conquest Watch from gwzymytk and am very happy!
    gwzymytk - very positive experience
    gwzymytk good experience. Great seller. To repeat.
    gwzymytk - A very good buyer

I cannot take any returns for this item unless grossly misrepresented by me in the description and/or pictures. Please observe carefully, read the entire description and ask all questions prior to committing. No warranty.

Thank you OF for hosting my ad!
    All proceedings will go towards watches and watch-related stuff ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Feb 8, 2017
    Edward53, Maganator and roryoc11 like this.
  2. gwzymytk Jan 9, 2017

Bump!

Special limited time offer (Jan 16th): EUR 1650 plus shipping, paid by bank transfer or other tax-less means.

3. gwzymytk Jan 11, 2017

OK, 1500 EUR plus shipping. Bank transfer or fee-less PP.

4. gwzymytk Jan 12, 2017

EUR 1400 plus shipping. Bank transfer or another tax-less transfer method. It's the final price-drop and only temporary; secured funds for my next incoming, so no pressure to sell it.

After some private discussions, there is a bit of doubt concerning the pearl/pip on the bezel. I took some close-ups for you to review before making a purchase. I frankly have no idea :)
    Also, there has been some discussion regarding the hands (relumed or not), but we both agreed they should be the original color. Attached some pictures to better depict them too.

2017-01-12 18.49.59.jpg 2017-01-12 18.50.06.jpg 2017-01-12 19.03.48.jpg 2017-01-12 19.03.40.jpg 2017-01-12 18.50.16.jpg 2017-01-12 18.50.09.jpg

31.jpg 30.jpg 32.jpg 33.jpg 34.jpg

5. gwzymytk Jan 17, 2017

Up!

6. tomvox1 Jan 18, 2017

IMO, aging on the hands seems consistent with the dial even if the tone doesn't match exactly (which is normal sometimes). As for the pip, who can really say? And at this price how could anyone really care?? ;)
    Nice honest example & GLWTS! :thumbsup:
    T.

gwzymytk and cristos71 like this.
  7. gwzymytk Jan 19, 2017

Thank you for the kind words! Been rather busy lately, so no time to post a proper response...

I do my best to describe every aspect of a watch that I decide to sell; it's painful to let most go, but from time to time (more commonly lately), I'm forced to thin down the herd.

In this particular case, I've decided to stick with this asking price - as far as I can see it, it can go two ways - it sells and I have the funds for another purchase, or it doesn't, and I get to keep wearing an awesome vintage watch while raising funds for said purchase :)

8. gwzymytk Jan 22, 2017

Lots of trade offers received, thank you for the interest and thank you OF for providing this awesome environment full of friendly watch lovers!

Only interested in selling at the stated price - EUR 1400 net to me plus shipping of choice (TNT only for overseas!). PayPal and long distance shipping at my discretion and subject to buyer having strong positive feedback on multiple platforms.

SOLD. Thank you OF for the space!

Edited Feb 8, 2017