Forums Latest Members
  1. Suprapunk Dec 22, 2016

Hi all.
    Posting this inquiry since my concerns are steadily growing....
    Sent my, long sought after, and quite expensive, SM bezel ring to Aldo for restoration early October 2015. Prior to shippment, he told me he planned to do a "batch" before Christmas. Received a confirmation from him that the "Ring" had arrived, and a information saying that we would sort out payment issues when his work was finished. Since then it has been utterly quiet. No words from Italy at all. I've sent an e-mail asking for an "update" , but no reply. I know, understand and accept that waiting would be expected when it comes to bezel restoration but........ So my question is: Have anybody heard from Aldo on bezel ring restoration lately?

Thanks, Kjetil

2. alam Dec 22, 2016

14 months! I never thought a bezel restoration project would require that much work! :(

3. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 22, 2016

I gave up on aldo sadly, I sent a bezel in the post, he emailed and confirmed arrival and gave me three month turn around, came and went, six months came and went, ten months came and went and finally got a mail saying ready for shipping.......

Two days later emailed to say he'd made a mistake and my bezel never arrived! Nothing I could do and as such lost a bezel which would now be worth £1500 alone

Sigh

I hopes your experience is a better one

Edited Dec 22, 2016
  4. terryb111 Dec 22, 2016

:eek::(

5. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 22, 2016

Yeah wasn't the best, he'd done six for me previously so I go used to the sporadic delays and turn around times but that pushed it too far!

No bezel, 11 months wait in total to tell me it has never arrived and no solution! Thanksfully it was a spare bezel and no needed for the watch but that wasn't the point!

A real shame as his work is superb but more important for me is knowing that I can rely on someone!

I've had the same experience recently with some blank 33.3 dials which were sent to have the omega logo printed and that now been over a year and the guy doing them has stopped emailing me!

Ah well....... what goes around comes around

Mark020 and M'Bob like this.
  6. Suprapunk Dec 23, 2016

Fantastic news you all. Been in contact with Aldo. Bezel is soon on its way to Norway.
    Kjetil

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 23, 2016

Good news, and I admire your patience.

But, don't count your chickens..................

8. whippetman01 Jan 3, 2017

IMG_0798.JPG
    Gone to Aldo last January hoping to reunite bezel and SM300 soon!!