Forums Latest Members

14 Carat Gold Face And Band "wind Up" Omega Seamaster Antimagnetic Watch

1. simonmorris Apr 28, 2013

Hi people,

Would greatly appreciate some advice on a watch that was kindly given to me by my late grandfather. Its the 14 carat gold face and band "wind up" seamaster anti magnetic watch. I was wondering aprox the value of this watch? Also should I take this watch to get cleaned and looked over? My Grandfather lived till he was 95 so Im pretty sure he had this AMAZING watch in his care for many years.

Any help or advice would be fantastic

Thanking you

Simon M IMG_8398.jpg IMG_8399.jpg

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 28, 2013

Can you post some pics of the movement inside the caseback?

The dial unfortunately is not original but I'd be keen to see what the movement is like

3. simonmorris Apr 28, 2013

How do i get into the caseback?

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 28, 2013

I have a sick feeling about this one. Omega very rarely used the term "Anti-magnetic" on their dials. I don't know of one after the 1940's.

If the Omega logos are engraved on the back of the case, then I'm 99% certain that this is a vintage fake.

http://books.google.com/books?id=fQEAAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA54&lpg=PA54&dq=popular science counterfeit watch&source=bl&ots=JTPLWoAFSg&sig=cVul1eDwCSYxCgbohU4cBYKrd7U&hl=en#v=onepage&q=popular science counterfeit watch&f=false

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...
    gatorcpa

5. ulackfocus Apr 28, 2013

I didn't want to be the only one saying that, but it's quite possible - unless the refinished dial isn't accurate and the redialing company took a little liberty with the script.