Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster Mark III 176.002

1. gwzymytk May 14, 2017

After recent purchases, my watch budget is once again depleted :) Hence, the need to give up a few pieces that I rarely wear.
    I traded my Chronomat for this Speedy Mark III; it belonged to a local collector that in turn got it from a friend/colleague of mine a while ago, who moved to Paris. He serviced the watch with thewatchguy UK back in 2016 and at some point got the case polished someplace else (badly). I've sent the watch head to my watchmaker, who managed to revert the finish of the case to its original state.

From my private collection, for sale only at this point - a used Speedmaster Automatic Mark III, ref. 176.002 according tot he inside of the caseback. Powered by the cal. 1040, housed in a tall and large 40mm pilot case, it was produced in approx. 1972 (34 million) and serviced at watchguy.co.uk on 22-04-2016.

01.jpg

As always, I will do my best to describe all flaws and defects in the watch; all who got pieces for me were surprised at how well they presented in reality, compared to my descriptions :)

Case - Previous owner polished the case, ruining the original finish. I had the case professionally restored at my watchmaker, and the result can be judged from the pictures below. I specifically asked him not to try and dampen the original dings and scratches, just restore the brushed look.
    Therefore, some dings and scratches as well as some dents on edges and near the crystal exist.
    Please check photos as they are pretty revealing.
    Measures 40 mm excluding crown and pushers. The tall profile of these "pilot" cases is the main reason I can't bond with this piece. 22mm lugs size.

Caseback - Medallion is partially intact, writing is still visible, although faded . Shows multiple scratches and small nicks. Was polished in the past.

Crown and pushers - properly marked crown, good pusher action with no apparent bending or other malfunction.

Crystal - original crystal, may show some light scratches but nothing significant from what I can tell.

Dial - original, in good condition. The script is intact; luminous substance still present. Aged tritium with a very nice patina IMHO.

Hands - Luminous material still present, different color from minute markers. This seems normal according to some, if you believe they were relumed at some point I cannot contradict you. Scratches and stains are visible.

Movement - Automatic Omega cal. 1040 caliber. Watch received a full mechanical service on September 22nd 2016 at https://watchguy.co.uk. Repair ID is 1963. According to the comprehensive pictorial, a broken switch stem screw was replaced, possibly other stuff, but only using only original Omega parts.
    All hands reset properly.
    Direct link to full repair job: https://watchguy.co.uk/cgi-bin/library?action=show_photos&wat_id=1963
    Pictures of the movement can be observed there.

Waterproof: NOT guaranteed, under any circumstances.

Bracelet: Omega 1153-138 bracelet with 172 endlinks, as pictured. Measures approximately 15 cm on a flat surface. It's enough for my 18/19 cm wrist, larger wrists definitely require additional links. Was not polished while in my possession.

Box/Papers: No, this is how I've got it. I can track its provenance two owners back and that's about it.

-----------------------------------------

Price: EUR 1200. EU deal only, shipping by DPD incldued.. Paypal FF or bank transfer at this price. Regular PP only available to established members with relevant positive feedback and with a 3% price hike.
    Overseas shipping only by TNT at EUR 100.

-----------------------------------------

Item is located in Craiova, Romania, within the EU. All duties or any other additional taxes are the sole responsibility of the buyer. I will provide step-by-step pictures/scans of the packaging and shipping process but once the package leaves my hands I have no power over it.
    I am a buyer/seller on Ebay under the same username since September 2000 (wow, almost 17 years!) and have 100% positive feedback with over 635 transactions (over 1366 individual transactions!) and many watches shipped to multiple locations (USA, Canada, the UK, the Netherlands etc.). For any other trust-related issues I can provide further credentials or proof of identity.

I also have several references on WUS, both as a seller and as a buyer. I can provide reference for other transactions as well (Omega 2254.50, Heuer Montreal sold to a very reputable dealer etc.). Also sold twice on Breitlingsource and once on UhrForum.de (where I've also purchased some stuff).
    Many successful transactions on OF, one as a buyer and most as a seller (my Longines Chronograph went to Austria, my Blancpain went to France, made several UK buyers happy, accommodated transactions up north etc.).

Smooth and troublefree transaction with gwzymytk!
    great buying experience with gwzymytk
    great transaction with gwzymytk
    gwzymytk - Trusted seller
    gwzymytk is a great seller
    gwzymytk great seller
    gwzymytk is the best seller ever (probably)
    gwzymytk - Great buyer
    I bought a Longines Conquest Watch from gwzymytk and am very happy!
    gwzymytk - very positive experience
    gwzymytk good experience. Great seller. To repeat.
    gwzymytk - A very good buyer

I cannot take any returns for this item unless grossly misrepresented by me in the description and/or pictures. Please observe carefully, read the entire description and ask all questions prior to committing. No warranty.

Thank you OF for hosting my ad!
    All proceedings will go towards watches and watch-related stuff ;)

Pictures - please click on them to enlarge.

02.jpg 03.jpg 04.JPG 05.JPG 06.JPG 07.JPG 08.JPG 09.JPG 10.JPG 11.JPG 12.JPG 13.JPG 14.JPG 15.JPG 16.JPG 17.JPG 18.JPG 19.JPG 20.JPG
    21.JPG 22.JPG 23.JPG 24.JPG 25.JPG 26.JPG 27.JPG 28.JPG 29.JPG
    30.JPG 31.JPG 32.JPG 33.JPG 34.JPG 35.jpg 36.jpg 37.jpg 38.jpg 39.jpg 40.jpg 41.jpg 42.jpg

Edited Jun 28, 2017
    Zdzislaw, Coafinco, OMGRLX and 7 others like this.
  2. bnabod May 14, 2017

Mark III not IV :)

SpeedyPhill likes this.
  3. gwzymytk May 14, 2017

Corrected, thanks!

4. Vercingetorix Spam Risk May 14, 2017

22mm lugs?

5. gwzymytk May 14, 2017

22 mm of course, corrected now; thanks for pointing it out!
    Wrote in a hurry so a few mistakes may have slipped in; was more careful to identify and write about any potential flaws/issues with the watch and neglected technical aspects.

Jwit likes this.
  6. gwzymytk May 16, 2017

Open to reasonable offers :)

7. gwzymytk May 17, 2017

Eur 1400 plus shipping of choice within the EU.
    Fee less PayPal or bank transfer only.

8. gwzymytk May 20, 2017

Up!

9. gwzymytk May 22, 2017

Reduced further to EUR 1350 plus shipping, net to me, only though PP friends or bank transfer.
    EU deal greatly preferred.

10. gwzymytk May 23, 2017

I will include shipping by DPD in the EUR 1350 price, or split TNT shipping price for EU deals.
    PP friends or bank transfer only.

11. gwzymytk May 26, 2017

Up!

12. gwzymytk May 28, 2017

Up!

13. gwzymytk Jun 1, 2017

Still available for now. Some offers but still here.

14. gwzymytk Jun 5, 2017

Started wearing it regularly, and loving it.
    Will keep the post alive for a while, but won't regret one bit if it has no takers ;)

chipsotoole likes this.
  15. gwzymytk Jun 8, 2017

Still here for now.

16. gwzymytk Jun 21, 2017

Final call - EUR 1250 plus shipping of choice (TNT mandatory for out-of-EU delivery). If it won't sell, I'll gladly keep it.

Fee-less PP or bank transfer, regular PP available only for established members (fees apply).

ahartfie and Lonestar like this.
  17. gwzymytk Jun 23, 2017

Still available.
    Got a pending local transaction but not definitive, so still available over the week-end. If you're waiting to make your move, this might be a good time to do it.

18. gwzymytk Jun 25, 2017

Off to eBay today, since these odd models don't seem to attract new crowds ;)

19. gwzymytk Jun 27, 2017

Still available here as well, without the hefty commissions imposed by popular selling platforms.

20. gwzymytk Jun 28, 2017

I will include shipping and reduce price to EUR 1200. EU deal only, shipping by DPD.

Kennyken2017 likes this.