1175 Bracelet Repair - Help!

Hey Folks,

First time post! I have a relatively rare gold-plated Omega Seamaster Cosmic 2000, reference 166.0129. I recently picked up the "correct" bracelet for it, a gold plated 1175, from eBay. It was tough to find, but I managed to find an example.

Now that it has arrived, I am unsurprised to find that one of the spring bars / pins in the links has basically corroded away and is non-functional. This leads to the bracelet coming undone at that intermediate link. This brings me to my question:

Has anyone replaced a spring bar on the 1175 bracelet before? If so, how did you come across the right part online to do so, and do you have any other advice?

Thanks all!

We can't think without pictures.

It’s an ordinary shoulderless springbar as far as I know. I don’t believe a special part is needed, or if it is there is certainly a work around with a normal no shoulder spring bar.

I don’t remember the proper length off the top of my head (14mm?) but have replaced them on mine with no more effort than measuring with a pair of calipers and then ordering from Esslinger.

Hey Folks,

First time post! I have a relatively rare gold-plated Omega Seamaster Cosmic 2000, reference 166.0129. I recently picked up the "correct" bracelet for it, a gold plated 1175, from eBay. It was tough to find, but I managed to find an example.

Now that it has arrived, I am unsurprised to find that one of the spring bars / pins in the links has basically corroded away and is non-functional. This leads to the bracelet coming undone at that intermediate link. This brings me to my question:

Has anyone replaced a spring bar on the 1175 bracelet before? If so, how did you come across the right part online to do so, and do you have any other advice?

Thanks all!
We can't think without pictures.
FAJB1ymTJGjRzmBBA

It’s an ordinary shoulderless springbar as far as I know. I don’t believe a special part is needed, or if it is there is certainly a work around with a normal no shoulder spring bar.

I don’t remember the proper length off the top of my head (14mm?) but have replaced them on mine with no more effort than measuring with a pair of calipers and then ordering from Esslinger.

Great advice. I'll start there! Thank you so much!