Forums Latest Members
  1. bigwalleye Dec 16, 2018

i got this bracelet for my 3570 speedy. i think it looks better and is more comfortable than the 1998 style. however this f'er has popped apart twice on me now. once when i bent my wrist awkwardly to hit my garage door opener, causing speedy to fall to the concrete dinging the lug. and again just now i was sitting on the floor and pushed myself up flexing my wrist.

its coming undone where the stamped part of the clasp hooks to the bar, right next to and underneath where you'd use your fingernail to undo the clasp. idk if i can wear this bracelet with confidence anymore. thought about taking a pliers to it and squashing down the little hooks that go over the spring bar.

anyone else have this problem? would really like to keep wearing it but im afraid the next time it pops could be really bad. i feel like im wearing it right not too loose or tight. unacceptable from omega.

2. bigwalleye Dec 16, 2018

heres a pic where its coming apart if i wasnt clear. where the bracelet hooks to the clasp

IMG_20181216_192506.jpg
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 17, 2018

Please watch this - I've set the starting [point at 36 seconds tp skip all the stuff at the beginning. This explains how to tighten the clasp:

Also, check that you don't have the bracelet too tight, as that can contribute to it popping open.

4. Stuie Dec 17, 2018

Rolex used to include instructions for watches with this type of clasp/bracelet

46289-eaf3b1a0217747ede6a1f024bf74e4e2.jpg

bigwalleye likes this.
  5. bigwalleye Dec 17, 2018

thanks for the comments, i can try bending it like it suggests in the video. dont really want to wear it any looser but if i must...

anyway again... maybe i wasnt clear enough. its not the clasp popping open, the whole bracelet is coming apart in two. the piece with the 2 little hooks its coming off the springbar

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 17, 2018

No that wasn't clear - then yes you need to close up the loops.

bigwalleye and Davidt like this.