Forums Latest Members
  1. keepsonticking May 7, 2022

If there is another thread on this subject, I apologize. I've been looking at these with black dials to help out a buddy, and I'm left scratching my head. I own a white EP from 1997 but rarely wear it and my friend and I both want to try out one of the 4130 watches with the 116520 aesthetics.

First, prices are supposed to be dictated by supply and demand, right? Yes, the supply of retail watches at dealers is super low, and it seems no one can actually buy the 15k usd Daytona, but when I look on chrono24 and see 150 black dials of this ref alone, how can anyone say there is a supply issue? They are sitting for sale for months. Ebay is also littered with these watches. What is keeping the prices at the 30k give or take level? What am I missing? I'm sure there are a few here who can explain exactly what is happening. Thanks.

2. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer May 24, 2022

Grey market dealers are now lowering prices. Most of them will have paid their asking -/-2k max. You do the math

3. Evitzee May 24, 2022

Right now there are FOUR black dialled 116500LN Daytona's, ranging from $37,500 to $41,500, on the European Watch site based in Boston. One is on hold, so they sell. Part of the issue is trust, a dealer that has been around awhile and is trusted will move stock. No one knows how many steel Daytona's Rolex makes per year, but 150 black dialled ones may be a relatively small percentage.

4. keepsonticking May 24, 2022

I definitely don't see the gray or any other market going down on these watches. According to a dealer I trust, he turns them over as fast as he gets them, so apparently there is a good supply and equal demand...and we all know the demand for retail models.

5. spaja May 12, 2023

I am waiting the price goes back to 2019-2020 level, then I jump in