105012 watch dial damage

Hi
I just noticed a round blotch-damage on the face of my 1966 watch just above the 60 on the seconds dial. There is another one to the right of “Omega”. What could cause this? Does it decrease the value of the watch? I bought it a week or so ago and did not notice the blotches until I went outside in the bright sun. They are not visible indoors.
Thanks for the input!!

Could that be finger marks? Is it on the dial or the inside of the glass?
More photos would be great to assess it properly 👍

Hi and welcome!

Overall nice looking and original 105.012-66 CB

If you like post more pictures to enable us to get a full impression.

Lume loss on the hour hand and some paint loss on the center of the hands.

The plots could be from moisture, do you have an inside picture of the movement?

The plots will decrease the value of the watch but if you discovered them after one week and you can't return the watch I think you can live with them

What did you pay?

Could that be finger marks? Is it on the dial or the inside of the glass?
More photos would be great to assess it properly 👍
The circle to the right of the “60” is on the dial. The glass is perfect. It is some kind of damage to the dial.

Hi and welcome!

Overall nice looking and original 105.012-66 CB

If you like post more pictures to enable us to get a full impression.

Lume loss on the hour hand and some paint loss on the center of the hands.

The plots could be from moisture, do you have an inside picture of the movement?

The plots will decrease the value of the watch but if you discovered them after one week and you can't return the watch I think you can live with them

What did you pay?

I paid $13 k and can still return the watch as the damage was not noticeable in the sales pictures. It does look like a drop of something hit the dial and caused it to bubble but I don’t understand how that could happen. I will post a picture of the movement.

at the current marekt situation 13k $ is too much IMO, you have a medium bezel with the damage at Tachymetre, the lume/paint situation of the hands and the dial damage.

Please post more and better pictures, bezel also seems to look 'dry'

at the current marekt situation 13k $ is too much IMO, you have a medium bezel with the damage at Tachymetre, the lume/paint situation of the hands and the dial damage.

Please post more and better pictures, bezel also seems to look 'dry'

Bezel seems to look good apart from the tachymetre damage

Dial lume is weak at 9,10,11 and 1

you are right, the dial issue is hard to see

case seems to have been polished but still looks nice (from the available pcitures)

For me still not a 13k USD watch

Wait for more feedback that will surley come 😀

Time to send the Speedy back . You will never forget these imperfections and will magnify this every day in your mind. Wait for a better one.....

Thanks for the feedback
What site is best for fair prices and good reputation?

Thanks for the feedback

Thats what we all have to find out... 😉

Thanks for the feedback

https://speedmaster101.com/price-chart-2/

Brave of you to go out and buy a vintage Speedy direct. @Spacefruit who is the Speedmaster101 author is an esteemed - and very helpful - member here, plus the collective OF expertise is immense.

Mind you, the grading system Spacefruit outlines is very conservative and it takes measured judgement to assess a watch in it's entirety. Just my 2c.

https://speedmaster101.com/price-chart-2/

Brave of you to go out and buy a vintage Speedy direct. @Spacefruit who is the Speedmaster101 author is an esteemed - and very helpful - member here, plus the collective OF expertise is immense.

Mind you, the grading system Spacefruit outlines is very conservative and it takes measured judgement to assess a watch in it's entirety. Just my 2c.

So as not to confuse the OP, I say brave as I believe the OP overpaid - not otherwise. Definitely not a $13K watch.

As we all have learnt, in this game the patient and the discerning get the best watches and deals.