Forums Latest Members
  1. kidkimura Feb 13, 2017

Hey all-

Been struggling to find a nice example. Will pay speedmaster101 prices. I know there are a few floating around!

nonuffinkbloke likes this.
  2. boat2dan Feb 13, 2017

3. kidkimura Feb 16, 2017

Bump!

4. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Feb 22, 2017

Hello. Just to let you know: My Brown Dial 105.012 will be offered for sale as soon as it has been lightly cleaned and serviced by Swiss Time Services in the UK. The watch will not be polished but you can see from the pictures that it would benefit from a light clean.

I am not sure of the internal details of the watch yet. I've never seen inside it in 50 years. Spacefruit (and others) advised me not to let anyone near it, so it will be opened by Simon's team at STS.

If you get a chance to look at any of my posts on the watch you will see that it has been owned by My Dad from the 1960's until 2003, and by myself from 2003 to 2017. Some how the DO90 bezel has rotated a bit but I've been told that will be correctly adjusted as part of the service. I'm not sure when my Dad put the 1171/633 bracelet on it, or when the crown and chrono hand were changed but apart from that it's not been messed with. I wasn't allowed to touch it when I was a kid but It is the genuine article and has just always just been 'Dad's Omega watch'.

Not sure of the price yet but I do keep a check on Speedmaster101. As soon as it's back from STS I will post some new pictures. I can't wait to see how it cleans up.

121dd597-1f17-4c53-8b8e-d779186ca059.jpg a306c63e-5f4f-48e0-a201-7e2f1248e924.jpg 56796cea-e645-4d24-9ad1-44e9b88a88df.jpg
    Edited Feb 22, 2017
    neilfrancis likes this.
  5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 22, 2017

6. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Feb 22, 2017

Yes it was, and as a result there is a body of writing for any prospective buyer to make a judgement on the the kind of bloke, Mr N Bloke is.

If someone wants to spend the time putting 200 posts together to sell a watch, great. We get to see how they think, how they communicate.

One of the noticeable recent "hiccups" on the sales forum was when a watch was sold by a new member to a new member - obviously the seller had bona fides elsewhere but I didn't know him, and as it turned out he did a few things against the rules, then railed against those rules. To be fair he came round. But I would hope @nonuffinkbloke has picked up a few of the conventions that keep us happy.

mr_yossarian, dougiedude and oddboy like this.
  7. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Feb 22, 2017

It was indeed::shy:: but I've been itching to contribute on these matters. I won't be posting my watch for sale for quite a while yet. Spacefruit told me it could take a few months to sort out at STS plus I need to obtain the extract of archives. Also, I have decided I will be replacing it with a later 861 Speedmaster that I can wear daily and is more suited to my budget. That being the case I'm sure I will be enjoying the forum for a long time to come as a buyer and contributer of general, uninformed 'old cobblers'

At this point I am merely encouraging disheartened, prospective buyers by informing them that the real thing may become available at some point. My actual sales post won't be for a while and will probably be post number 301 or more.;)

8. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 22, 2017

I'm just "taking the piss". :)

To the OP, good luck with the hunt! They are out there!

9. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Feb 22, 2017

Yes thankyou William. I would hope that I have by now. It is precisely because I am a new and unknown member that I have chosen to be very 'up front' about things. I have never professed to be a knowlegable, collector or a dealer. I am, however, enjoying this forum and the journey I am on with my Speedmaster. I may well need to move from a 1960's 321 watch to a later, more affordable model, but I will still enjoy this forum as a Speedmaster owner. I will continue to contribute and benefit from the information made available to us by members such as yourself.

I have read, with interest, many of your posts and taken on board your kind and helpful advice with regard to my own watch. I have noted that when watches come up for sale, on eBay or other web sites, that their credentials are often called into question by members of this forum. Are they dealers watches? Do they even exist? Have the watches been 'put together'? I see it as being 'all part of my education'.

When my watch eventually does become available for sale, I am keen that it should be a known quantity and seen as the genuine article. It will, by then, have been serviced by a well known, and highly rated service team. Any prospective buyer will be provided with as much information as they need to make him, or her, feel happy that I am a reputable person to do deal with.

Edited Feb 22, 2017
    ahartfie, watchlovr, Dash1 and 2 others like this.