Forums Latest Members
  1. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 24, 2016

I have been looking for a nice HF but they are strangely elusive.
    This one popped up from a seller that I hve bought several watches from before, so no worries there - a safe Ecuadorian seller, can you imagine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMEGA-SPEED...H-/381822267849?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

fq.jpg

This is one of those watches that while everything is correct, each part has problems.
    The dial I like, and it is not messed with - I don't value it massively, but I do like it. It has not been retouched or repaired.

The hands too look original - but lost lume.

The bezel is tired, but a DO90. A half meteor bezel!

The thing that really stops me is the case back, which shows some careless free hand polishing at the junctions. This combined with the other characteristics, just seem to be holding me back. Its tough with fixed prices, because as a buyer I need to have confidence and decisiveness. Whereas in auctions I can just follow the sheep (Or are we lemmings?) as the price spirals up!

Part of me feels if the seller had been brave, he might have exceeded the $6700 asking if he had put it on open auction, what with all the madness around.

But at the end of the day, its not for me. But I think it is quite interesting.

Davidt and Just Livin like this.
  2. ulackfocus Oct 24, 2016

Either! Each of you can choose.

It's an honest watch, which is more than you can say for many vintage Speedmasters nowadays.

Davidt, Just Livin and Spacefruit like this.
  3. watchlovr Oct 24, 2016

Well someone liked it!

4. BobXX Oct 24, 2016

The seller originally had it listed for over $7k, and it sat for weeks without selling.

5. mozambique Oct 24, 2016

Have to agree - rest of watch quite nice, but the case back.........shame

6. Davidt Oct 24, 2016

I don't know. I liked these dials 2-3 years ago as a quirky unusual beater for $3k.

At almost $7k? Nope.

7. robocaspar Oct 24, 2016

The movement bridge colours seem uneven to me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk