Forums Latest Members
  1. Paganini15 Feb 12, 2017

i saw a nice looking vintage 105.012-66 on a website. Looks legit based on my comparison with moon watch book photos. Has anyone seen this on Bulang site?

2. Igora Feb 12, 2017

Looks great! 11500eur

3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 12, 2017

Paganini15 likes this.
  4. Davidt Feb 12, 2017

Welcome.

You might want to introduce yourself if it's your first post.

Are you seeking opinions on the watch as a potential purchase? What are your thoughts on it?

5. Vicke Feb 12, 2017

A "Hi" and a "thanks", some pictures and a link would probably get you better answers.

Davidt likes this.
  6. Paganini15 Feb 12, 2017

I apologize. I am new to this forum. I appreciate your input.

I've always been fascinated with the moonwatch since I was little. My first instinct was to walk into an AD and buy new (although I do love the newer case backs). After some reading and discussion with a friend who is VERY into vintage Rolex made me change my mind. Purchased a moonwatch book and read many sites and am EVEN MORE fascinated! (And overwhelmed to be honest). I almost purchased a vintage speedy recently but chickened out cuz I need to learn more before pulling the trigger.

Rookie mistake about not showing some more respect at my first post.

7. Paganini15 Feb 12, 2017

David,

I think it's a beautiful watch. I can't tell if the glass has been replaced or if it's hesalite because I can't see the omega in the photos. It looks legit. Stepped dial, tritium, spaced t, single bevel case back with HF stamp, writing is correct to time period, asymmetric clutch.....etc.

I didn't post photos because I didn't think it was kosher to post someone else's photos out of respect.

8. Davidt Feb 12, 2017

Well the watch in question looks all correct and in good shape. All the lume looks original, as does the crown. The case looks sharp and the dial looks great. Personally I like dials to be in either good original condition or nicely patinated/faded and thus falls firmly into the former. The bracelet could also be original as the date stamp is plausible for a sale date for this ref.

Lovely watch overall. The price is very high, but it's a better buy than some of the crap being offered at 2/3 of the price.

gemini4 and Snorkelflip like this.
  9. Paganini15 Feb 12, 2017

Thanks for your input David. I had a feeling it was a legit watch with everything in tact. The price did seem steep. Personally I'm not that concerned about the bracelet but as far as I can tell it's all original 1039. Frankly I'm a leather band kinda guy so it's not a huge deal, but more important for resale.

dbane007 likes this.