Forums Latest Members
  1. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Jul 9, 2012

I bought this watch from a guy on Craigslist about a year ago then bought another 105.003 st 65 about a month later. Both dials darker indices than I liked, and I bought them right, so I sent them off to have a little of the darkness removed. This dial had been replaced by Omega in Switzerland, and it did have some issues where the tritium had caused a little damage around the markers, but I couldn't bare to not use it with that great chocolate effect from age. On the wrist, I don't notice anything out of place, but in photos the damage is easily seen. I'm sure for some the dial is just not good enough, but I tend to like things that show age and imperfections, so I suspect I'll wear this watch more than my others. For the photo I decided to use one of the J.B. Champion bands I have and have never used. I'm sure most of you know about the photos of several astronauts wearing Speedmasters on these mesh ss bands. Anyway, here's one that was restored to like new (too new)then returned to much less new.
    brown dial 64 jbchampion 006.JPG

2. ulackfocus Jul 9, 2012

::love:: I love chocolates.

3. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Jul 9, 2012

I like it. Of course the hour recorder doesn't reset completely. Ahem.