Forums Latest Members
  1. Omegist Oct 14, 2016

Hello
    I am sure many of you have seen this Speedy on eBay..I haven't found a thread which discussed it already..(I hope I am not wrong)
    Red flags turned up when I saw that the seller got 101 positive feedbacks which he received in the last 2 weeks..the eBay profile was created on the 2nd of October 2016
    the description smells like Scam as well; I contacted him to ask for a pic of the watch set at 2 o clock; no reply since days.. the auction already reached 7k.
    The article description says the watch is located in Australia...is Australia the new Peru now.. ;)
    I don't want to mess up the reputation of certain eBay sellers but in my point of view it's a suspicious scam offer.

What do you think about it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302105208461Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. mr_yossarian Oct 14, 2016

At least the description indicates it's probably not offered by an Australian. :) Moreover, there is not a single rating as a seller but 101 as buyer..within the last month. I have slight doubts :)

3. Scepticalist Oct 14, 2016

Description grammar strongly suggests seller isn't in Australia. No seller ratings. Run away unless you want to take a punt and deposit money into Paypal for a few weeks.

4. Omegist Oct 14, 2016

Then I can only say

REPORT!!
    REPORT!

5. Omegist Oct 14, 2016

REPORT!!
    REPORT!
    REPORT!!
    REPORT!

:whipped:

6. Scepticalist Oct 14, 2016

What do you want to report? The watch looks genuine from the photos. All we have is a suspicion that the seller will not deliver it. eBay often doesn't act on blatant fakes, it's unlikely to act on this one.

7. Clibka Oct 14, 2016

I have to slightly disagree, while the watch looks genuine, the pictures do not. They have different resolutions and are most likely lifted from the internet. I do agree that nothing is likely to be done about it though. [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Omegist Oct 14, 2016

to report scamers to eBay is useless in most cases; that's completely correct..
    But I never give up hope that many complaints/reports may block that seller for future activities..often scammers can list items over month and nothing happens; so reporting can't be wrong
    and maybe it's senseless; but come on...it's not that much effort

9. uwsearch Oct 14, 2016

An other thread about this watch...