105.003 Ed White Valuation

Hi guys,

I’m new to the forum, looking to gain some further insight into an inherited 105.003 Ed White Speedmaster.

Spec:
105.003-65
DON Bezel - age related marks, has faded nicely to a greyish/light blue under certain lighting
Serial starts 249*****
Case is sharp and doesn’t appear to have been polished
Original dial
Hands and plexi appear to have been serviced
Original Box (I believe - a quote for the value of the watch inclusive of B&P & without would be appreciated)
Original Papers (I believe), though I also have a matching Extract From The Archives as additional paperwork
1035 Bracelet in good condition with stretch. Never been polished
506 end links

CB1D06BB-6D98-447D-85D2-83CE4C2D7235.jpeg 154DB5A1-1D1A-4754-AE71-F5FE0EB09154.jpeg 72F19175-6309-4A1B-86A6-B0050D42EC2E.jpeg D6CED352-CB39-4E29-B376-B6BA12788755.jpeg CD867984-1FD9-4250-ACDB-E9D583D9F185.jpeg
Hi guys,

I’m new to the forum, looking to gain some further insight into an inherited 105.003 Ed White Speedmaster.

Spec:
105.003-65
DON Bezel - age related marks, has faded nicely to a greyish/light blue under certain lighting
Serial starts 249*****
Original dial
Original Box (I believe - a quote for the value of the watch inclusive of B&P & without would be appreciated)
Original Papers (I believe), though I also have a matching Extract From The Archives as additional paperwork
506 end links

Perhaps share your own thoughts first. Plenty of resources. We are not a valuation service

Like 4
Perhaps share your own thoughts first. Plenty of resources. We are not a valuation service
Apologies. I’ve read previous posts and had a look at Speedmaster 101. That would put it somewhere between £9-11k if all original, but I’m mainly unsure how much the non-original hands would affect its price.

....but I’m mainly unsure how much the non-original hands would affect its price.

By a huge amount if you're buying and not at all if you're selling :D

Like 10
Apologies. I’ve read previous posts and had a look at Speedmaster 101. That would put it somewhere between £9-11k if all original, but I’m mainly unsure how much the non-original hands would affect its price.

These are older valuations. The current market is very unpredictable.

Like 1
These are older valuations. The current market is very unpredictable.
...and it's best to err on the lower side in this market....entirely a buyer's market atm...

Spec:
105.003-65
Serial starts 249*****
Original dial
506 end links

Reads exactly like a sales listing from a professional. Only thing missing is the asking price. :rolleyes:

Like 7
I think those figures are rather optimistic. Note the figures on SP101 are in USD and I’d put your watch at the Fair end of the condition spectrum. As you say the hands are not original and aren’t very nice and the dial lume looks washed or just missing in several places. The bezel raises concerns too since they usually fade from the outside in as they get worn whereas that one is uniformly ghosted which isn’t the usual outcome. I think you’d be lucky to get £6k for it the way prices are today and that’s including ~£1,500 for the bracelet and links. Put it into an auction, then you’ll know.
Edited:

Welcome. I agree this is more towards the Fair end of the chart as the bezel, dial and hands look washed out and don’t have that warm patina or deep factory black colourings that good+ examples have.
Still a lovely watch and the box and papers add maybe £500 but I’d agree that the total value is somewhere around £6500 in the current market where good examples are still fought over, but the fair examples tend to struggle.

Like 1
Well everyone seems a bit grumpy this morning!

The watch is a typical over-used example that is never going to be any better than FAIR.

That said the parts appear original to the watch, or at least correct.

The dial has lost all attractiveness, but is correct.

The bezel is so faded a dealer will find adjectives for it, but a collector will value it at $200

I therefore would value the head around $5,000.

Papers add to it, but frankly, there is little enthusiasm for a watch like this unless it is cheap.

Like 5
200$ for the bezel? I would take it :D I like the grey, gives the watch a totally different look.

Like 1
Hi guys,

Spec:
105.003-65
Serial starts 249*****
Original dial
506 end links

It's unusual for someone who inherited a watch and is asking for assistance to also have this much knowledge and experience. You know how to describe all the key components, you know the added value of b&p, you even have an extract, which Omega has stopped producing.

With no other introduction, it is difficult to not question the motives of a posting that reads like a well-informed watch collector who knows everything except a price.

Absent an introduction or any background, it seems reasonable to react skeptically to what is otherwise a reasonable request for help with determining the value of an inherited item.

In your defense, people often come to the forum with requests for help who have not bothered with least amount of research, which seems lazy. So here you are with a well informed request. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Still, to me, your thread reads like a disguised sales ad. If I am wrong, I apologize and please correct me.

Would you share more background on your watch? It's always fascinating to learn about people who purchased such an iconic watch new and what prompted them to choose a Speedmaster before they were widely known as the Moonwatch.

Like 5
Well everyone seems a bit grumpy this morning!

The bezel is so faded a dealer will find adjectives for it, but a collector will value it at $200

200$ for the bezel? I would take it :D I like the grey, gives the watch a totally different look.

Yeah I’ll take 4-5 of these at $200ea … send ‘em my way William! :D

Like 1