Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN 105.003-65 Ed White with extract and 1035

1. Paedipod Feb 2, 2019

Omega 105.003-65 Ed White Speedmaster with extract from the Omega archives showing delivery to Venezuela July 4, 1967. I bought this watch just over a year ago from Adam Lewis and the information about this watch is directly from him. I have his permission to show his pictures, I have not and will not open the case to show the movement. The sale will include the watch as shown, the extract, the bracelet and strap that came to me with the watch.

FqXh5L0RQSKHHR3vIkZ1rw.jpg

Given the recent discussions on the merits of various Ed White’s available online I have asked opinions of where I should price this and have solicited help from several members here and have come up with a round number of $14500 USD that will include worldwide shipping via Fedex fully insured by ParcelPro.

On to the pictures taken today with indoor lighting (sorry no good natural light….a bit of a snowstorm outside):
    w%oKTsEhRUO9UfECeMs8ng.jpg KuAjVotsQh207PU6FSUatQ.jpg

mI%f9JjKRpeYOhBtj7xVnQ.jpg JrVEBze5R6ytL2fTY6USvw.jpg 8lfqkOKZRKGOwIDKAa9D3w.jpg d3W4k5nUQPS5M4tSE8RPMg.jpg iFeeN6aFTLSs9ejwOc1%zA.jpg BinsvLNrSGicPq7Ztk92fA.jpg kBdDs7osRM2%Uk8rUM5UyA.jpg 8B5Ij%RaTE6sCwjPzbGOww.jpg lFQ+F%hLQ8C2usj+Pd5a1Q.jpg 9xU7O4R1Qg26J1QX%YoKdA.jpg

AS for me: I have a bunch of clichés that I can include but mostly I am a collector of shiny things. I have not been wearing this speedmaster and I am selling this one as it is something that should be worn and enjoyed by somebody else and will also put me closer to the funds that I need elsewhere. I have feedback on OF (primarily for buying) and other spots under the same screen name (paedipod). I truly appreciate the knowledge and community of OF and value this portion of my online presence too much to play stupid games.

The good parts: this watch has been completely overhauled by a watchmaker familiar with 321s.
    Extract shows a good “birth date” for some of you.
    The dial and hands look great together.
    This is not a museum piece and should be worn.
    There is full disclosure by Adam of what has been done to this speedmaster in these posts and his descriptions are better than mine would be. The movement and inside case back shots are in these links as part of this Ed's story.
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-speedmaster-105-003-65-ed-white.63026/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/the...tch-restorer-reluming-ed-white-content.56502/

The bad parts: this is not a museum piece and is not as it left the factory. Some of you will detest what has been done and this is not for you. Please move along. Arguably this watch now has more character at the expense of originality, but the relume of the dial and hands has been done well and suits the watch. The DON is also nowhere near perfect but also suits the watch.

So a final wrist shot or two that show a person's eye view (I don't routinely use a loupe)....

IMG_0900.JPG N1Mlw7moSZujht6+i43bqQ.jpg

I am certainly willing to listen to criticisms of the watch (and this post) and suggestions that you feel are important as replies to this post as long as condoned by the mods, but if you just want to rant please do so by PM.

Thanks OF for the space.

GoAB4iOrQJq5YJ8rf2cmkg.jpg cLs+FJmSRuiIVg5lpb1CWA.jpg oyY3Sf1xRH6PUlHpHZPJ%A.jpg ItH6RzDlSVSb9thD3a++ow.jpg
    Jkuback, OMEGuy, OMGRLX and 8 others like this.
  2. Paedipod Feb 10, 2019

bump for questions and offers.

3. Paedipod Feb 16, 2019

Another bump (from page 3 on the private sales board) and my apologies to all those who think that a watch should be posted once only. This bump is for offers or advice.

I would like some help in how to present this better (I am no Spacefruit in terms of expertise in sales posts or pricing), suggestions via PM would be fine, since we all know that replies here have the effect of a new bump. I really truly am interested in offers for this piece. As in the original posting I have no dispute that its value is questionable and an abomination to many of you, possibly I would have to pay you to take it. For someone who is less particular I would be very happy to get this to an appreciative home.

Thanks again OF for the space.

Canuck likes this.