Forums Latest Members

SOLD 105.002-62 Speedmaster £13,800

1. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Nov 3, 2018

Omega Speedmaster 105.002-62
    Bought by me in 2012 in South America. Serviced by STS in mid 2012.
    Movement was serviced and glass replaced. The pushers were also replaced with correct specification.
    An extract was sought, but no surprise it was refused due to lack of records. On the phone they told me that the movement is correct for a 105.002.
    PB030002-002.jpg
    This is a beautiful and attractive watch that has some small issues reflected in the price:
    The dial has a tiny scratch between 3 and 4 markers
    The case shows some minor corrosion between lugs
    When the watch was serviced in 2012, STS gave it a very light re finish. (not a re-profile).
    Otherwise I believe it is correct.
    Correct dial, correct DO90 bezel, with a pleasant aging.
    PB030015-001.jpg PB030016-001.jpg
    Lets look at that corrosion:
    PB030019-002.jpg PB030021-002.jpg PB030022-002.jpg PB030024-001.jpg

So not that bad, in my opinion, but it does affect value.

I have been asked about the hands and all I can say is that I have not worked on them, and I do not think the previous owner did, however I agree they are quite different in colour and state. The dial plot lume is original and decayed. I have seen this combination before. Actually I like this.

PB030004-002.jpg

Movement was serviced by STS in 2012, and I have mislaid the paper - however as it was six years ago then the next owner might be ready to service it in the next few years. I did show it to Simon Freese who said it currently did not need servicing. (Actually he said it was a waste of money and his time to do it).

If you buy this and it needs servicing in the next six months, then I will pay half the service if you deal with Simon direct. Fair?

The Case Back
    PB030018-001.jpg
    PB030003-003.jpg

PB030007-002.jpg
    And a close up of that famous column wheel:
    Note the movement is free from any corrosion or damage. PB030002-003.jpg
    PB030010-003.jpg

PB030003-002.jpg

A note on pricing and comparables
    This reference is very rare, made for about six months as I understand. I price them between a 22998-62 and a 105.003. This particular specification is the most rare visually in the speedmaster range - it has the baton hands AND the silver rehaut around the crystal.

This watch has issues, but it is also very attractive, and rare. The history is reasonably there, in that I bought it from the estate picker in Argentina who said he bought it from the original owner - hearsay, but compared to many stories I hear, this adds up.

For comparables see here and here Although obviously I think this one is much more attractive. (and considerably cheaper)

SALES TERMS - Price is £13,800
    I only sell to refocus my collection. I am not motivated by profit and so I have no reason to embellish or over describe. I have been on eBay since 2002 with 100% feedback. I have bought and sold a few watches on www.OmegaForums.net and you can find my feedback by searching my username. I am the author of Speedmaster101.com and protecting my reputation is more important to me than selling off a watch. I am not a watch dealer, I make my money elsewhere, watches are my pleasure.

Returns are OK if you are really nice about it, and don't cost me anything to get it back to me and the watch is in the same condition as it arrived with you. But please, if you are in two minds then do not buy. I am not a dealer and I am not on standby to accept a return. Getting a watch back to me will always involve you getting it safely back to Simon Freese in UK at your expense. So please, think hard about buying and be sure.

I am a private collector who rarely sells. When I do, most of the time my watches sell very quickly, and to the first person that PM's me with the words, "I will buy this watch now at your price".

In the past several people have been upset because although they are the first to reply, they ask if I can do a better price - meanwhile someone has agreed my price.

I am not in the slightest bit offended by offers, but remember that they will only make sense if the watch remains unsold after a few days.

Delivery can usually be facilitated almost anywhere

Payment
    I really prefer cash face to face in London or Chicago or Asia or a transfer to me or Crypto Currency at what ever the rate is at the time you pay. However I will accept Bank Transfer to Hong Kong in £, $ or HKD.

Overseas is more, and at your risk. (States is easy, and insured, next month).

Fitted with a new black hand made strap, with what I believe is a reproduction buckle.
    PB030004-003.jpg

Edited Nov 3, 2018
    yuralagun, davten, BlueBoy and 29 others like this.
  2. Pahawi Nov 3, 2018

Nice, rare, cheap, plus seller being a true gent - what's not to like.

GLWTS

Chye, Mods, rbob99 and 7 others like this.
  3. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Nov 3, 2018

...who has given me awesome high grade hotel/motel pens for my hotel/motel pen collection. :thumbsup:

4. EdtheAussie Nov 3, 2018

GLWS (not that's it's needed!)

That's a bloody ripper!

Spacefruit likes this.
  5. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Nov 4, 2018

Thank you all again for the interest and messeges

Sale is now agreed.

Matth84, Ricbo2010, Dero13 and 6 others like this.