Forums Latest Members
  1. Polynwa Dec 9, 2015

Hi guys. A few days ago i acquired a nice 145.022 69 with a 1039 bracelet which has given me some trouble. I took it to the local jeweler (Being from Caracas, there aren't many options) but he decided he wouldn't work on the links because, as he said, he didn't wanted to mess them up. I really want to size the bracelet to my wrist (6'') so i wanted to know if any of you knew or could give me some info on how resizing the 1039 bracelet. Do you know also what size of strap i need to get to fit the watch? Thank you.

IMG_1611[1].JPG
  2. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Dec 9, 2015

Tritium likes this.
  3. wsfarrell Dec 9, 2015

Here's a link to a do-it-yourself guide for working on 1039 bracelets:

http://www.old-omegas.com/bracadd.html

And here's another:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?166940-Omega-vintage-stretch-bracelet-a-rough-guide-too-repair

It's a little tricky, but not too difficult. Looks like the third link in your bracelet is upside down, so it will look better after you've fixed it. If 1 or more of the springs are broken, there's usually someone on eBay selling individual links.

The watch takes a 20mm strap.

Eve and Tritium like this.
  4. mozambique Dec 9, 2015

Possibly silly question - but you know you can adjust the length without taking any links out by releasing the pin on the bracelet clasp. Gives you some adjustment, before having to add / remove links?
    The links are easy to remove / replace. Just go slowly, as the sliding plates may be a bit gummed up (use a bit of oil to loosen things up?)

WP_20151209_001.jpg

repoman and TexOmega like this.
  5. Horlogerie EU based Professional Watchmaker Dec 10, 2015

I noticed the upside down link as well, if you can do the micro adjustment on the clasp, you can get a much nicer fit.

But for sure, take the upside down link out, it looks bad.

Edited Dec 10, 2015