Forums Latest Members
  1. dazed1 Apr 29, 2022

One year to the day. Hit my 100 pounds down goal this morning so I did this: C22364E7-61B1-405E-9FCB-FF4298A29257.jpeg

Spruce, inchpincher, NGO1 and 83 others like this.
  2. gbesq Apr 29, 2022

Congratulations on both fronts. Nice!

dazed1 likes this.
  3. JwRosenthal Apr 29, 2022

Congrats!! i dropped 50lbs about 15 years ago and it was a huge feeling of accomplishment.
    Unfortunately am up 45 over the past 2 years (and hadn’t kept my fat clothes-ugh) so I have to get cracking on getting it in check. I had to buy links for some of my watch bracelets. :(

YYTIN and gemini4 like this.
  4. gbesq Apr 29, 2022

Practically everyone I know is 15-20+ pounds heavier after 2+ years of Covid, including me.

5. dazed1 Apr 29, 2022

I had to get the bracelet on my Planet Ocean resized because of it. I always admired the wave dial on the Seamaster Pro. Get both is always the right answer.

MDubs likes this.
  6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 29, 2022

I’m down 40 so I applaud you! Its good to reward yourself for the hard work of making -100 happen.

7. JwRosenthal Apr 29, 2022

Yes, but you went down which is the right direction. It actually pains me to look at my old wrist shots a bit- I had nice contours in my arm/wrist/hand and now they are kind of just….chubby.
    Cannot celebrate enough with you- huge accomplishment and the benefits to your health will be amazing. All of your blood work numbers should come back into line, stamina and endurance will be insane…it’s just an amazing feeling.
    Anyone who hasn’t been fat before and has lost it don’t really understand what it’s like to have that kind of burden lifted.

Shabbaz, Omegafanman, M'Bob and 2 others like this.
  8. txtchfn Apr 29, 2022

Congratulations on the watch but especially the weight loss.

dazed1 likes this.
  9. justacpa Apr 29, 2022

Congratulations on your major achievement! I lost 20 lbs the last two months and I wasn't even trying. However, I don't recommend my method primarily because my docs don't know what's causing it. Except for the fatigue, nausea, and loss of appetite, I'm ok with it as I was about 20 lbs more than I wanted.

10. gbesq Apr 29, 2022

Could just be stress. I’ve certainly had periods of time in my life when the pressure was really on, I felt just the way you describe, and I dropped weight without even trying. Hope you are feeling better soon.

11. dazed1 Apr 29, 2022

Thanks again all. I kinda backed into the “diet” due to diveriticular disease. I went to what is known as an anti-inflammation diet which is now commonly known as a carnivore or lion diet. It seems bizarre but I feel like I am 20 again. Very strange. Its so counter to everything you are told but if you are messed up and nothing else works you should look into it. Its an extremely powerful lever to pull for quite a few things.

The 300m Pro narrowly lost to the Planet Ocean as my first Omega. I really thought they would be a great weekend/work pair. The PO is such a great tool watch that works just about always. The SM Pro on a rubber strap is just freaking amazing as a casual or heck anytime watch on a bracelet. Very glad to have both now.

JwRosenthal likes this.
  12. Dan S Apr 29, 2022

Well done, OP, and I hope you are seeing the health benefits you hoped for. :thumbsup:

dazed1 likes this.
  13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 29, 2022

Really well done man, great watch and great progress!

tyrantlizardrex and STANDY like this.
  14. dazed1 Apr 29, 2022

I am seeing all that and more. Thanks!

15. Rasputin The Mad Monk of OF Apr 29, 2022

Ketogenic diets are an expedient way to lose weight if you’re in the right condition. Problem is those potato chips and pastries taunt you more and more with each passing day.

pmontoyap and rcs914 like this.
  16. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Apr 29, 2022

Congratulations! That’s quite an achievement and a very good looking watch :thumbsup:

At the end of 2020, my wife and I had a really stressful move with a short stint in her parents house while we looked for our own, which only added more stress. In that time I had gained a significant amount of weight. I’m 6’3 and my healthy weight is around 180lbs but gained up to 240lbs. All my clothes got tight and overall I was feeling quite poor, mentally and physically. Being a fan of Formula 1 and driver Daniel Ricciardo, a year ago I started working out using programs created by his personal trainer Michael Italiano. Within 7-8 months I lost 50 pounds and around the 12 month mark, I have leaned off to my healthy weight of ~180 (60lbs total) and feel great! I’m finding my clothes to be tighter again but now for the reason of having a lot more muscle :cool: Mentally and physically I am feeling much better than ever before. It’s a night and day difference from my peak weight to now.

I applaud you for your accomplishment :) Wear your fantastic watch in good health

17. ChiefMark Apr 29, 2022

Congratulations on a tremendous achievement. The work to lose 100 lbs is hard for most people to understand. The discipline to maintain a new lifestyle over time, changing both diet and activity habits, is not something you can just turn on. Way to go! You earned the watch. Every time you look at it, be reminded of the work it took to earn it, as motivation to watch yourself not to start going back in that direction. Many years ago I lost a bunch of weight I'd put on, almost 60 pounds, and I bought a handmade belt I still wear very regularly. When I bought it, I promised myself I'd not buy a bigger belt. I've fluctuated a notch or two over the years, but I've not gone beyond that belt, or bought a larger one.

dazed1 and JwRosenthal like this.
  18. dazed1 Apr 29, 2022

I am in a fairly unique position there. That doesnt really taunt me much and I used to have a huge sweet tooth. Scotch on the other hand…

Perseus, ChiefMark and JwRosenthal like this.
  19. JwRosenthal Apr 29, 2022

I quit drinking about 2 months ago thinking that cutting the sugar out would help with the weight loss and make me feel “better”. In all honesty- I haven’t noticed any difference other than less acid reflux at night- which is a good thing I guess. Thought I would miss it but really only do when I’m being social.

20. dazed1 Apr 29, 2022

Carnivore is a unique kind of ketogenic diet. I still partake maybe once or twice a month in moderation- technically the only plants I consume I guess lol. Really it just comes down to you and if it makes you feel good or not.