Forums Latest Members

10 Years Old watch with no dated Warranty Card but stamped

1. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! May 27, 2024

Hello

I am planning to buy An Omega Aqua Terra from Chrono24 from a profissional dealear with 4.9/5 feedback.

The watch was produced in 2015 and the warranty card has no date on it, but stamped .

After i asked him, he told me : i can fill it up and i will 5 years warranty.

My Questions are:

1- How true the seller is?
    2- Was the watch maybe bought from grey market and not been activated then?
    3- is their a link to Omega i can check the validity of the warranty?

Thanks for the support

2. 140dave May 27, 2024

Most stopped dating the cards as the computer system/serial number is what they go by, not the date on the card.

There is most likely no warranty from Omega left on that watch and certainly not 5 years from a handwritten date.

Omeg@007 and Foo2rama like this.
  3. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! May 27, 2024

thanks for the clarification !

4. Donn Chambers May 29, 2024

Pretty common for ADs in the past not to date the card — I have had a couple like this, purchased from the AD myself. It was done either because they were in a hurry and sloppy, or they left it open so if the watch was returned, they could sell it as “new” even though it wasn’t. doesn’t necessarily mean it was grey market.

As others have said, Omega will likely NOT honor a warranty on a 10-year-old watch that has not been entered in their new system.

Do not pay a premium on the watch thinking you might be able to get a warranty service for free. And expect that you might have to get it serviced sooner rather than later.

Omeg@007 likes this.
  5. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! May 29, 2024

Well Said Sir! Thanks