Forums Latest Members

10 years ago... Soyuz commander long black velcro fail & a sole CASIO G-Shock

1. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe May 2, 2020

10 years ago ... Black velcro strap fail... Normally this stuff is posted in " Hidden gems NASA " :unsure:
    April 2, 2010 as the Soyuz TMA-18 crew members are presented as launch ready by Commander Aleksandr Skvortsov, his black velcro became loose and left the Omega Speedmaster dangling at his left wrist, with the chronograph watchcase almost against the PVU-box (Personal Ventilator Unit).
    For those interested, Skvortsov also wore an Omega X-33 at his right wrist and a Fortis Cosmonaut chronograph at his left wrist. (Photo: NASA)
    2010_.jpg

2. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe May 4, 2020

Another "strange" Soyuz launch...
    This time it looks like the Russian commander, Fyodor Yurchikhin wasn't wearing any wristwatches in the prelaunch photo series of leaving the Cosmonaut Hotel, busride to Baikonur Cosmodrome suitup room, walkout and launchpad... April 20 , 2017 Soyuz MS-04
    Moreover, his American colleague Jack David Fischer only wore a CASIO G-Shock ... So no Omega watches on this launch !
    :whistling:
    2017_20April_MS04.jpg

3. simonsays May 4, 2020

I have it on good intel that Commander Yurchikhin put his watches in his underpants for safe keeping.

4. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe May 4, 2020

Do You know, that year about 3 US astronauts didn't wear any Omega during launch to the ISS, they choose TImex and Casio instead :thumbsdown:
    Moreover, some US astronauts wore a FORTIS Official Cosmonauts Chronograph ... mostly seen on the wrists of the Russian spacefarers...

simonsays likes this.
  5. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Feb 2, 2021

6. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Feb 3, 2021

Tell me those are not rubber rain boots they are wearing...
    [​IMG]