1 Year Anniversary

After 1 year enjoying the shared knowledge and generosity of Omega Forums I thought I'd take the time and finally introduce myself and my watches. :)

My name is Matt and I'm a Creative Director living at the bottom of the world in New Zealand's tiny capital city Wellington. Before moving back to New Zealand 3 years ago I lived for 20 years in Hamburg Germany where I developed my appreciation for watches, cocktails, and the German language. Before that I spent a good deal of time exploring the world, living in Japan, and Australia and had a 3 year stint playing professionally in a dirty garage rock band (à la the Stooges) in New York and LA.

I have always been interested in the 60's and early 70's and as such my watch collection reflects that style, presented below in chronological order.

As you can see I only collect Omega and am more interested in the brand's variety than I am in one specific reference. I also don't own any 'safe queens' (the closest thing would be my almost perfect 'birth year' 145.022-76) as such I try to wear each and every one of these watches on rotation.

The one thing I love about all these watches and Omega in general is that they're full of refined character, not ostentatious or showy, just quietly confident.

I want to thank you all for answering my idiotic and naive questions, and for welcoming me into your community, I really appreciate it.

Thank you,
Matt
Edited:

Like 23
Beautiful and very nicely focused collection. Thank you very much for sharing!

Like 2
Wow that is a cool collection with a lot of variety. Thanks for sharing!

Like 1