007 Seamaster - Real or Fake??

Posts
1
Likes
0
Hi all,

So I’ve just been clearing out some of my dads old things and found a collection of watches. Amongst them is a 007 Seamaster. I have absolutely no idea with watches so was hoping somebody on here might know something. I’ve uploaded a few photos below. Unfortunately there’s no certificate or anything other than what I’ve photographed. I suspect it is probably a replica however any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!
 
Posts
1,432
Likes
1,580
The boxes and packaging look legit to me, so I am going to guess original. Those with real, actual knowledge of this model will confirm or shoot me down in flames soon.
 
Posts
18,730
Likes
38,879
I don't follow these much, but it looks right to me.

Edit: I don't follow these much, but after popular opinions, I vote TOTALLY fake.


That, and after a careful perusal of the OP pics (which I should have done at the start) it is obvious .

Into the naughty corner for me.
Edited:
 
Posts
6,609
Likes
26,776
I’m gonna vote fake. The HE valve looks a little too low, the entire bezel is different, the date font is different, the second hand looks different, length of the minute hand, dial font, and the engraving on the clasp is off.



OP’s


also the caseback
Edited:
 
Posts
408
Likes
355
Totally fake. The build quality (or clearly lack of) is all that's needed to determine this.
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,376
It's a legitimate . . . fake. And not a terribly good one.
 
Posts
4,072
Likes
6,977
The box hasn’t disintegrated, that tells you all you need to know. Also instructions wrapped in plastic?
 
Posts
2,801
Likes
3,727
Glad the consensus went fake - I thought so after seeing the case back and lack of a serial number on the lug, but the first couple of responses made me think I was wrong.
 
Posts
890
Likes
1,063
I remember watching a "Top Gear" (or maybe it was Grand Tour) when they were in Vietnam, I believe, and Clarkson went to a market and found a lovely Omega just like the one he was wearing.

"This is only $25," he said, "why did I spend over 5,000 pounds on mine, it looks the same?"

I am not an expert, so I never chime in on these threads, and all I can say here is that the OP's watch didn't look "right". I can't explain it like all you experts did, I just knew something was wrong with it.
 
Posts
5,076
Likes
15,712
That was a great episode.



And if you haven’t seen it, Clarkson’s Farm is now on Amazon and is quite excellent
 
Posts
10,745
Likes
16,730
Appalling fake with lots of tells. You 2 who called real need to lock yourselves in a dark room and beat your backs with twigs until you have learnt the error or your ways! Jim and Shaun are normally very reliable too!
 
Posts
271
Likes
408
The dial and bezel are dead give-aways. Wrong bezel font for that generation, incorrect proportion of applied border to lume plots, etc
 
Posts
890
Likes
1,063
And if you haven’t seen it, Clarkson’s Farm is now on Amazon and is quite excellent

I tried to watch it, but there is such a thing as too much Clarkson, am I right? The other shows had the two other blokes to even things out.
 
Posts
833
Likes
1,571
I tried to watch it, but there is such a thing as too much Clarkson, am I right? The other shows had the two other blokes to even things out.
He’s a tool.
 
Posts
1,579
Likes
15,238
…the red box is not self-destructing,

As the owner of a couple “Red box” Omegas, I laughed. You can carefully store that box in a climate controlled dark vault, never touch it, and in 10 or 15 years they were faded and brittle. 🙄