Forums Latest Members

❅ Types of Watch Guys & Gals ❅

1. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 28, 2017

I'm not givin' you four free likes for that, even though it did make me smile :D.

Jwit, kkt and STANDY like this.
  2. M'Bob Aug 28, 2017

The...I'll see your watch, and raise it guy:

You post a watch that makes your heart sing. You garner about ten or so "likes," and this guy comes along, and subtly posts a pic of your exact watch, but in measurably better condition, under the guise of, "I'll play..."

3. argonbeam Aug 29, 2017

The Shouldn't have had a second (large) glass of wine before going on ebay guy:

Didn't read all the posts and this already may have been spoken for in some way or another. Found some gems, found some stinkers. Always a bit of anxiety opening that box when it arrives.

wilderbeast, sjg22, Larry S and 2 others like this.
  4. mikechi22 Aug 29, 2017

That's an original! And this one hits close to home! Especially with Fr. Flanagan / Savior issues with which to wrestle!
    I would call this one
    The Andy Capp

noelekal and argonbeam like this.
  5. Mozziebite Aug 29, 2017

The Top 10 Watches Guy

Buys a Moonwatch.
    Religiously reads every result for a "top 10 most iconic watches" Google search.
    Realises that it's the same 10 watches on 82% of those lists.
    Realises he's already 10% (maybe 20%) of the way to completing the list.
    Considers a life long quest to complete the perfect collection. Even though he only really likes Omegas.

(It's not me. Honestly. :unsure: )

heavenscloud and noelekal like this.
  6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 29, 2017

Just settle with top 2

Sub and a speedy ;)

Seaborg likes this.
  7. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Aug 29, 2017

The likes hoarder

Composes a collection that appeals to a wide variety of people. Has a (first) strategy to manage his post to like ratio by only posting in the WRUW-thread. Takes measures to post and place his watch first on every WRUW page.

His (second) strategy is to get everyone to like his watches and dibs them. Last (third) strategy is to sell, all but one watch, and use the money to stay drunk for ages on grappa while sitting in the galleria in Milano. Smoking a cigar, wearing a Panama hat and a wrinkled up white linen suit - while telling the story about how he played the watch collector scene on OF in the early 21: st century.

Wait…?! Uh...

YYTIN, dougwhiz, KingCrouchy and 12 others like this.
  8. gostang9 Aug 29, 2017

Pure humorous verbal wizardry that is!! Had me seriously LOL there! Thank you. ;)

noelekal, Larry S and styggpyggeno1 like this.
  9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 29, 2017

Between bikes and watches @styggpyggeno1 could actually buy The Gallerina in Milano

ahartfie and noelekal like this.
  10. gostang9 Aug 30, 2017

And yet maybe now we have a clue what he prefers instead...

11. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Aug 30, 2017

The Grappa guy

I mm oournlay inntiit forrthe graaapppaa... buuurpp! (stench)

STANDY and Waltesefalcon like this.
  12. river rat Aug 30, 2017

I got one word for me packrat I hardly ever sell

janice&fred likes this.
  13. sevenhelmet Aug 30, 2017

The Rolex Hater
    Will not buy or admit to liking a Rolex. Feels irrational annoyance any time someone brings up the sub as a watch "everyone should own". At risk of starting heated arguments about why Rolex is overpriced and overrated. Hates the cyclops with a fiery passion, and is fond of saying "I'm not blind, that's only for old men!" May simultaneously harbor a secret desire for a Daytona, but it unlikely to ever pay the price, because that would only serve to feed the egos of the Rolex blowhards. Besides it's too much like my- er- their Speedy.

Not that I would know anything about this, of course...;)

14. No.15 Aug 30, 2017

I resemble that remark sevenhelmet :D

Mozziebite likes this.
  15. GuiltyBoomerang Sep 14, 2017

The watch-lot hopeful

This person spends a lot of time on auction sites, eBay and local listings to find lots of watches. They will buy these in the hope of scoring one or two pieces that will cover their costs and continue the spending spree.

The unfortunate part of the watch-lot hopeful is that they are usually low on funds and thus see the lot as a way of profit. The pain of not being able to sell the less-than-well-known brands of watches or ladies watch they accumulate burns both their soul and personal storage space. They also find it hard to save for pieces that they really desire since they have no real focus in their collecting.

16. gostang9 May 15, 2018

8 months since the last post, surely some new members since then haven't had a chance to enjoy this gem of a thread!

Waltesefalcon and wristpirate like this.
  17. gostang9 May 15, 2018

Procrastinator / misses out guy

Sees a gorgeous watch appear on FS thread soon after being posted. Is instantly drawn to it having not previously known he wanted such a watch. Has a strong suspicion this watch will be sold quickly. Is travelling when the listing first appears. Makes some inquiries to knowledgeable members about the watch. Gets a lot of positive feedback about the seller and the watch. Hums and haws about how to tell the wife yet another watch will be purchased. Posts a positive comment in the FS thread to highlight how special the watch is. Is very close to broaching the subject of purchasing it with the love of his life when horror upon horrors, the dreaded OHPF title update comes through on email notification. It can't be... but... but... I was going to... but alas, he's missed out on yet another lovely watch that may not come around for years to come... sigh
    Watch Buying Paradox.PNG

18. wristpirate May 15, 2018

Here he is, Mr Bump!

Riviera Paradise and gostang9 like this.
  19. gostang9 May 15, 2018

I did however re-read the entire thread before bumping! When it's worth re-reading several times, it must get the Mr. Bump treatment!::psy::

wristpirate likes this.
  20. Longbow May 15, 2018

I really wish you hadn't done that. That's just cruelty to dumb animals.

Having rechecked my stupid list (manual wind, titanium cased 41mm Railmaster GMT, no Date Rattrapante?) and having deftly checked the Railmaster/No Date boxes last year I figured I could walk away and watch the rest of you addicts suffer. And just to be sure I punched all those options into Chrono24's filter with the smug thought that nothing was going to come up, but it suggested this:-

Blancpain LÉMAN RÉVEIL GMT 2041-1230-98B ::censored:: c'est très joli. The rubber strap version is also tasty. It even has mechanical alarm and power reserve complications that weren't on my list.

You can Google the pictures yerself, I hate you.

Riviera Paradise and gostang9 like this.