Forums Latest Members

❅ Types of Watch Guys & Gals ❅

1. Jaacck Dec 23, 2016

this is exactly me

STANDY and oddboy like this.
  2. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Dec 23, 2016

I cannot believe this guy (it always is) has not been posted here yet!

The FAN BOY

Eats, drinks, sh*its his favourite brand and/or model whithin a brand to the extent of being religious. As annoying as:

Mozziebite, noelekal, STANDY and 4 others like this.
  3. Riviera Paradise Dec 23, 2016

LOL...Bravo!:D

4. M'Bob Dec 23, 2016

seth.jpg

Jwit, cicindela, Greatpa and 3 others like this.
  5. Riviera Paradise Dec 23, 2016

The neurotic non-flipper mid-range luxury perfectionist as*hole collector

01. Has never flipped a watch.
    02. Builds collection piece by piece, purchasing typically 2 new watches per year (sometimes goes on a "binge" and buys 3:eek:)
    03. Focuses on mid-range (Omega, Rolex, JLC, IWC).
    04. Not happy with current Omega Dolce and Gabbana design path.
    05. Agonizes of next watch purchase as it must have a clearly defined "role" within the current collection.
    06. Enjoys the sadistic pleasure of annoying certain OF members posting "should I choose this watch or that watch" threads.;)
    07. Sadistic pleasure is exponentially raised for item 6 when the watch selection under consideration involves an Omega vs Rolex option...waits anxiously for naïve OF members to take the bait and start a general Omega vs Rolex discussion (METAS vs Superlative etc.):p
    08. Because each watch has been selected with such neurotic obsessive care, it becomes almost impossible to flip...hence step 1.
    09. As the collection expands step 5 becomes increasingly hard, leading to sleepless nights and increasingly neurotic behaviour.
    10. Step 9 leads to depression, angst and suffering:mad: and no longer having any interest in seeing photos of hotties on the forum.:D

BTW...for those that might not have seen my other forum posts and are slightly confused with this description...I am just following the OP's original instruction and doing a self-portrait here...:eek::D

Edited Dec 23, 2016
  6. M'Bob Dec 23, 2016

And a variation of the above, the...

mid-range watch braggart:

This is the guy that goes to the chain jewelry store at his local mall, buys a Movado Museum watch or a Tag-Hauer, then sticks it under your nose proclaiming that it is the best watch money can buy, because that's what the guy at the store told him.

7. corn18 Dec 23, 2016

This is me. Although I'm starting to find my way. A little. And I'm having issues with the selling part.

YYTIN likes this.
  8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 23, 2016

FIFY

kkt, STANDY, gostang9 and 2 others like this.
  9. Riviera Paradise Dec 23, 2016

FIFY^3

mid-range watch braggart:
    This is the guy that goes to the chain jewelry store at his local mall, buys a Rolex, Omega, IWC or Panerai then sticks it under your nose proclaiming that it is the best watch money can buy, because that's what the guy at the store told him

10. M'Bob Dec 23, 2016

Do we dare write about the rare but coveted...

Omega Fan Girl

Knows more about Omegas than you. Knows more about everything than you, and seamlessly weaves same into every post. Cannot be matched in her ability to cut and paste photos, and superimpose images. Makes daily, sometimes twice daily avatar changes.

Jwit, eugeneandresson, ozmega and 7 others like this.
  11. ulackfocus Dec 23, 2016

FIFY.

M'Bob, Jwit, ahartfie and 2 others like this.
  12. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Dec 23, 2016

I see you like her as much as I do.

13. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Dec 23, 2016

Is this about @ulackfocus ?

14. ulackfocus Dec 23, 2016

Close. :D

Everyone on ΩF ::love:: Miss Fox. Syrte too. We gotta be nice to our female contingent - there aren't many of them in this hobby.

15. Riviera Paradise Dec 23, 2016

Is drooling permitted by the OF mods?:D:p

16. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 23, 2016

Only over the watches.
    gatorcpa

cicindela, ahartfie, kkt and 2 others like this.
  17. gostang9 Aug 28, 2017

Bump for a great thread...

ahartfie, Jwit, Greatpa and 1 other person like this.
  18. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 28, 2017

Just read the thread again and had a good chuckle. Few people getting some likes I had missed

Edited Aug 28, 2017
    ahartfie and M'Bob like this.
  19. jimmyd13 Aug 28, 2017

I like it when someone resurrects a thread that predates my involvement with the site, particularly when it makes me laugh. I can associate with almost every stereotype listed ... except the Hodinkist. I seem to have a somewhat irrational dislike of the Hodinks.

So, let me add one more type (a me) ...

Sees a Broken Watch that Must Be "Saved" ...
    This is the collector who rarely buys new, instead being convinced that everything older is better. Is perversely annoyed by retro-styled new watches while at the same time wishing that everything new was smaller, thinner and more like watches used to be. Every watch he buys needs something repairing. Often having more than one issue. Usually they've been drown. Always, they cost more to repair than they did to buy and will never recoup the investment in them, even though he tells his other half that they're worth a small fortune. The result is something like 12 new watches going into the collection each year while more than 50 are passed on to new owners. He still never makes a profit as each sale releases funds for a new project.

KingCrouchy, ahartfie, Jwit and 2 others like this.
  20. blubarb Aug 28, 2017

Hodinks or Hoodwinkies ?? :cool:

jimmyd13 likes this.