Forums Latest Members

❅ Types of Watch Guys & Gals ❅

1. JacksonPollock Jul 11, 2020

The Vintage Guy

This guy spends enormous amounts on obscure vintage pieces that you only see when you sort "Highest to Lowest" on Chrono24. Watches are for display/admiration only. He will spend hours perving out on his collection. Loved ones will question his sanity behind his back while he continues placing moonshot bids on eBay. Watch history and applied numerals are what's important to this one.

lexieb007 likes this.
  2. JacksonPollock Jul 11, 2020

Please continue...::popcorn::

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 25, 2021

I can’t do ads, nope no ads, I’m out of here.

Spend years here buying watches and looking at For Sale ads, commenting on for sale ads even liking for sale ads They have bought watches from ads here. They have even sold watches on ads here. But they don’t do ads......

4. pdxleaf ... Jan 25, 2021

The "I Ain't Quittin' You!" Guy

The enthusiastic noob who starts to realize he is just following a pattern and is completely predictable to seasoned watch collectors, begins to question the inordinate amount of time thinking about and reading about watches to the point of wondering if this is perhaps an unhealthy obsession, until he looks at his watch and every thought disappers except, God, I love watches!

Edit:
    The I don't like Cartoons on my watch guy
    He gets annoyed with all the hype about the new Snoopy and thinks people are buying into marketing but still has his name on the list because it's kindof cool and he's really not all that sophisticated anyway.

Edited Jan 25, 2021
    kkt and Alex Cheers like this.
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 25, 2021

Not to be mixed up with

Where am I on the list for my Cartoon watch.
    Payed a deposit and wants to know if his before or after a VIP or a VVIP. What number on the list is he. How many on he’s list. How many on your list. How many lists there are. Who has the lists. How much it cost to be on the list....

AAAKK, Alex Cheers and vbrad26 like this.
  6. Alex Cheers Jan 25, 2021

Hey how come that you know me?? :cautious:

7. lexieb007 Jan 25, 2021

Doesn't matter what type of person, but one thing is for sure we are all on the spectrum....

8. SmithSJ Jan 25, 2021

Agreed it sounds very familiar.
    The further question that occasionally occurs but is quickly dismissed is “how ever did I end up spending this much when I was being careful about what I paid?”

Alex Cheers likes this.
  9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 12, 2021

The guy that drops 3 million on a Speedmaster

Just slightly bigger balls than the guy that missed out on dropping 3 million by one or two thousand

pdxleaf, 8100_RPM, Pun and 3 others like this.
  10. blubarb Nov 12, 2021

The pedant - like the OCD owner but not included in the DSM-VI as a disorder, though the sufferer may confuse it with a diagnosable OCD condition.

:D

M'Bob and Charlemagne1333 like this.
  11. M'Bob Nov 13, 2021

The barn-find guy:

Finds a one-owner watch that is completely beat to shit, complete with fragrant wrist cheese, and beams proudly about how it’s “untouched.”

12. blubarb Nov 13, 2021

The "this is my exit watch" guy. Me. I say it every time I come across the next one to pull the trigger on...

external-content.duckduckgo.jpg

ahartfie, Spruce, crd and 2 others like this.
  13. Caliber561 Nov 13, 2021

I'm disturbed by how on-point this is for me.

M'Bob likes this.
  14. gbesq Nov 14, 2021

The “First Post” Guy

“Hi everybody! I found this vintage watch for sale on eBay. It’s shiny and I really, really like it. I don’t know anything about it. What kind of watch is it? What’s it worth? Is it as good as a Rolex? How much should I pay? What should I do? Who invented liquid soap and why?”

lindo, Scooterino36, ahartfie and 5 others like this.
  15. blubarb Nov 14, 2021

:D:D

FYI: Liquid soap was invented and patented by William Shepphard on August 22, 1865. In 1980, the Minnetonka Corporation introduced the first modern liquid soap called SOFT SOAP brand liquid soap. (With thanks to the google machine) :D

YYTIN, Pun, tpatta and 2 others like this.
  16. Greatpa Nov 15, 2021

Only way to ensure your next (last) watch is top quality. ::book::

Pun and blubarb like this.
  17. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 15, 2021

The one in one out guy

They are usually heard spruiking That it’s easy, I have this one in one out rule.
    (It is my rule to stop me going bananas. But really it’s he’s rule to stop the wife from going ape shit at him for having too many watches.)
    Really a good rule as you know the in comes before the out and the in usuall happens quicker than the out

YYTIN, pdxleaf, Pun and 3 others like this.
  18. NikolShep Nov 29, 2021

Lover Of Likes (LOL)

-LOL prefers to contribute to/post in watch fora threads/discussions where he is guaranteed to get as many likes as possible, such as “WRUW Today?” on OF;

-when posting on “WRUW Today” will like all other previous posts of the day, in hope that others will “return the favor” by liking his post;

-has tried posting in other discussions, but is afraid the broader community does not get his universal wisdom, as judged by low # of likes in response to his posts;

-has not figured out what to do with all the likes he’d like to harvest, but thinks he is on the right path;

-has been reluctant to post here, but hopes to get some likes (this is a funny post after all, right?);

-generally, can’t think outside the box and take a risk/buy a watch, even though he likes it a lot, unless many respected collectors have spoken in favor of that specific watch and overall opinion is positive.

:whistling:::facepalm1::

Aroxx, STANDY and Pun like this.
  19. Pun Nov 29, 2021

Already given a like without expecting one back... :D

NikolShep and Scarecrow Boat like this.
  20. Pun Nov 30, 2021

That's a bonus indeed.:D:D:D

Screenshot_2021_1130_121246.jpg
    NikolShep and STANDY like this.