Forums Latest Members

❅ Types of Watch Guys & Gals ❅

1. gostang9 Jun 13, 2019

Bump! Some recent examples.... :cool:

aggie and Foo2rama like this.
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 13, 2019

The Kool-Aid collectors

Have drank the brands Kool-Aid and they are converted. They buy a bike and a name tag and are on a two year mission to spread the word and let everyone know how brilliant there new found brand is :whistling:

Tet, Syrte, ELV web and 1 other person like this.
  3. Onion0909 Jul 17, 2019

This is great:D

4. gbesq Jul 17, 2019

The Closet Rolex Omega Man

Rolex didn’t win the NASA competition. Rolex isn’t the official timekeeper for the Olympics. Rolex doesn’t have METAS certification. James Bond doesn’t wear a Rolex .... well, not anymore. No Rolex watch has been on the moon. That cyclops thing is hideous. Omega had the fluted bezel first. Rolex steel isn’t that great. Who would wait a year for a Rolex and then pay full price? I love my Omega. I love my Omega. I love my Omega. Damn, I want a Submariner.

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 17, 2019

Umm Rolex watches have been on the Moon... maybe not outside the space suit, but no question on the moon.

6. gbesq Jul 17, 2019

Yes, but The Closet Rolex Omega Man DENIES that. ::bleh::

7. gostang9 Feb 14, 2020

Bump for the new members of OF...

janice&fred and WYO_Watch like this.
  8. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 14, 2020

Have we had
    The uncle-watch guy
    Claims to have “inherited” a watch from his “uncle”. A clear fake, and never re-appears in the forum.

9. Walrus Feb 15, 2020

The guy who sends an offer half hoping it’s not accepted.

Sometimes, late at night, will shoot an offer to someone selling a watch. It’s not a lowball offer but it leaves plenty of room for him to get beat. Phone dings indicating offer was accepted. The guy is both happy and annoyed. I can attest to this as I just got a skx007 ten minutes ago this exact way.

JacksonPollock, Dsloan, Tet and 5 others like this.
  10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 15, 2020

I may have done that on another Seiko lol.

congrats on the pickup. I love my 009, picked up a mid size for my GF and might have gotten one of the last 007’s sitting in a box.

Walrus likes this.
  11. whiskeredbat Feb 15, 2020

How well I remember the days. This was the time when I was with an oil exploration company. A Rolex Sub or Sea Dweller was de rigueur and there I was with my Ploprof sticking out like a sore thumb::shy::.

styggpyggeno1 likes this.
  12. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 15, 2020

lindo, Pun and styggpyggeno1 like this.
  13. NikolShep Feb 18, 2020

Yes, that has been covered beautifully already. I keep coming back to read this. Very descriptive, great English and amazing knowledge and depiction of human's emotions. Brilliang writing, as most, if not all, posts by Mouse_at_Large I've come across.

cvalue13 and aggie like this.
  14. wilderbeast Jul 9, 2020

Totally relate to this, having recently bought a second Dugena chrono this way, immediately after getting one.

As a relative newcomer, I’ve loved reading this thread. Worrying how many tropes from different types resonate. But I blame you guys for them all in the first place. I was content with my beautiful redial until I came here. :D

Foo2rama likes this.
  15. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 9, 2020

Have three watches what tools do I need to service them.

You know the drill, asks what tools it takes to service a watch. Thinking it is a $100 worth of tools and they are good to go. Hey I tune my car and fix my motorbike a few times is often boasted. Question usually comes about after a quote of over half the price of their last EBay purchase.
    Goes quiet after 10 posts from their question when they have done the math on how much the 20 tools they didn’t know about get mentioned.

aggie likes this.
  16. High Hope Jul 9, 2020

Edited Jul 9, 2020
    Dsloan likes this.
  17. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 9, 2020

Have done this more than once. I think the excuse "I didn't expect my offer to be accepted" no longer washes with the wife. :oops:

Walrus and wilderbeast like this.
  18. Stewart A Jul 9, 2020

This affliction appears to be contagious and have a very LONG periods of activity and dormancy. It silently sneaks up on you and - BOOM -- you go nuts.... then it recedes and all is well for a while until----BOOM--- it hits you again. Sad this is, there is NO vaccine or cure for this condition! Patients with this affliction are forced to endure this chronic syndrome for years to come. I'd better get a bigger watch box :cool:.

19. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Jul 11, 2020

Care? Maybe sometimes. Many were simply bought and forgotten about or gifted to people who didn't care to wear them. Those tend to be the ones in the best condition.

20. arturo7 Jul 11, 2020

The Haute Couture Watch Enthusiast

Watches are a fashion statement.
    Shoes, belt, and wristband never clash.
    Brings two watches to a dinner party; one dining, another for the cigars afterwards.

Edited Jul 11, 2020