Forums Latest Members

❅ Types of Watch Guys & Gals ❅

1. mydeafcat Nov 6, 2018

Awesome results. 55-13 fixed gear? An animal! Mad Dog, indeed. Killer!

Wow! Seriously nice rig. But, um, it’s Italian. Deserves Campagnolo. ::stirthepot::

MBN90972 2.jpg

Mad Dog and vbrad26 like this.
  2. vbrad26 Nov 6, 2018

SRAM for life lol.
    Love the loud clunking of my Double Tap levers...so mechanical.

Mad Dog and mydeafcat like this.
  3. mydeafcat Nov 6, 2018

Did someone say SRAM? This completes the Colnago group trio. Still, I'll take Campy. Everytime. (OK. I think we roadies have hogged this thread enough) MBN91795.jpg

WatchShopping, Mad Dog and vbrad26 like this.
  4. queriver Nov 6, 2018

@Syrte Apparently we've all been labelled snowflakes based on the title (❅❅❅❅). A certain squirrel would probably agree. :)

Syrte likes this.
  5. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Nov 6, 2018

Then there's the:
    "I DON'T REALLY LIKE OLD WATCHES.....HANG ON?::confused2::....IT'S WORTH HOW MUCH?:eek: .....FAKK MY OLD BOOTS!:eek: I REALLY LOVE OLD WATCHES!::love:: type of guy.

kov and Mad Dog like this.
  6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 6, 2018

[​IMG]

7. Snowman Dec 20, 2018

If wasn’t for these previous owners who took great care and pride in the wonderful preserved omega watches all of
    Us on this forum would have nothing to marvel at
    We now live in a society where most things are completely disposable
    The watches omega made in their hayday were made to last for generations
    Just be content that the original purchases of the pieces we all now eagerly seek
    Had a very different set of attitudes to their possessions

8. Snowman Dec 20, 2018

I will now step off my soap box and continue my search
    Merry Christmas to one and all

queriver and flw like this.
  9. queriver Dec 20, 2018

When I first saw this I thought you'd written us a poem. Agree many things are disposable these days and, for example, nobody will pass on an iphone to their grandchildren. Thankfully mechanical watch manufacturing is going strong; modern mechanical watches are one of the few products still made to last for generations.

Pun and Snowman like this.
  10. Caserya Dec 21, 2018

The quicksand guy.
    Inherits his first watch, wants to do the right thing and resurrect and wear it. Comes to this forum for info and advice. Then realises it is in the middle of a quicksand of interesing info and a world of beauty. Jumps in - gets sucked down and starts to learn and appreciate. Thinks, what would I buy if it was my choice?
    Thanks guys.

Mad Dog, noelekal, gostang9 and 2 others like this.
  11. gostang9 Jan 7, 2019

The quote to BUMP guy...

Mad Dog, wristpirate and Foo2rama like this.
  12. murph Jan 7, 2019

Ditto for me Speedmaster appreciation has turned into a Railmaster obsession.

Caserya and noelekal like this.
  13. Eve Jan 7, 2019

The Hesitant Seller Guy

he lists a watch for sale, and after you make an offer, he is not sure if he should maybe keep the watch, because its so rare and hard to get and that one day he might regret selling it.. relists the watch half a year later..

true story!

M'Bob, Waltesefalcon, lando and 3 others like this.
  14. gostang9 Jan 7, 2019

I have not sold a watch yet, and my fear is I'd be "The Hesitant Seller" or at least "Seller's Remorse" guy if I did...

also true story!
    :p

Waltesefalcon, Caserya and Eve like this.
  15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 8, 2019

Only one way to find out, put a watch up for sale.

Remember, you can always change your mind. :unsure:

gostang9 likes this.
  16. KingCrouchy Jan 8, 2019

The Movement guy
    Only really cares about the movement of the watch. Instantly opens the caseback of any new watch to stare at the movement. Instantly loses any affection for the watch if the movement is ugly or badly finished.
    Sits down on the couch in the evening to look at the movements of his watches. Opens the watch constantly to show the movement to other watch lovers. Walks around with a caseback opener. Scares any Watchmaker.

Edited Jan 8, 2019
  17. Eve Jan 8, 2019

I wonder if he is going to relist it for the 3rd time.
    In the meantime i have an impression, i am hunting the dude and not his watch :p

gostang9 likes this.
  18. gostang9 Jan 9, 2019

Well, at least now I have a solid justification to use when listing my FS ad... " @cicindela told me too" :cool:

Trouble is, being the silly guy I am, I really like each and every watch I've purchased... still. :eek:

19. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 9, 2019

All OF moderators are ordained to bless any horological decisions made by members. :thumbsup:

Nominal honorariums/fees apply of course :whistling:

gostang9 likes this.
  20. OMEGuy Jan 9, 2019

I read this thread last night and maybe I was too tired in the end (not of the thread, of course :)), but did you have the

Always Buy Two - Guy (ABT-G) ?

What does he always do? He repeatedly buys TWO new identical watch references from the store and is keen on LEs or expensive watches, most of the time.

He pretends to himself that if he buys precious watches, they should last forever in their untouched NEW and SPOTLESS condition. But otherwise he wants to WEAR and SHOW them of course!

Difficult task - but the solution is clear: ONE watch for the wrist and ONE watch for future generations to follow...

Great idea? NO. Most of the time ABT-G's end up that they won't wear either of their two watches, but will look out for more COUPLES instead.