Forums Latest Members
  1. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 22, 2015

STS has some random guy also ;) At least we know ours exists in real life

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 22, 2015

Bloody hell :eek:

I spend hours of my spare time contributing to watch forums (well, one actually) trying to become known as an enabler/helper/good egg.

And I said fuck just once and now I'm branded as a potty mouth poster boy on every other watch forum on the planet (well, just TZ).

:(

<sorry, just my try to play on the old joke, quoted from TZ "" Hell ! I've been frying fish here all my life and nobody EVER called me a Fish Fryer.......I suck just one godamn cock................"">

3. lillatroll Apr 22, 2015

Its a good reputation to have no is going to try to fob you off with a Ewok while trying to claim its a jedi.

JimInOz likes this.
  4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 22, 2015

This made me smile

"Tom Dick works for STS? I did wonder... [​IMG]"

I wouldn't say he works for STS, the other way around I think, they work for him!

Or "he is a major financial supporter".

:p

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 22, 2015

Jim

You owe me a glass of rum and have to clean my computer screen

Cant wait to @ulackfocus changes your" Helpful Hints from Heloise" of bracelet cleaning. to potty mouth poster boy :D:D:D

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 22, 2015

I hope you like Appleton Estate, or have you another exotic rum we should all know about?

If not, you get Bundy from Coles's

:D

Tomdutchman likes this.
  7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 22, 2015

Misses is down your neck of the woods.(freezing)

I am at home drinking rum, not having any veggies for dinner, buying watches and reading jrrippens last few posts on UKTZ

Rum.jpg

Once you tried this you wont drink anything else.
    Only place i can get it in Australia so far
    http://www.upsynth.com.au/ron-abuelo-12-anos-700ml

Edited Apr 22, 2015
    GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  8. lenny Apr 22, 2015

Did the post on tz-uk disappear?

9. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 22, 2015

I think it might have been locked down.. I was reading this morning and got to page 4, but can't get to page 5 now. What a train wreck...

10. lenny Apr 22, 2015

I hope it doesn't disappear as a reference. A harsh reminder that you always have to be careful when buying online - strong past feedback or otherwise.

11. Mothra Apr 22, 2015

if the post is gone, can anyone summarise for those that missed it?

12. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 22, 2015

Jrpippen, the OP, got caught up in a series of lies.. Where he got the watch from, his exchanges with STS, etc... one member found that the serial number on his STS invoice matched the serial from the Romanian ebay listing linked further up in this thread. He was caught red handed, and pants around his ankles. Other forum members basically pounded him into the ground, many stating that they would never buy from him again or wondering aloud if they should be concerned about the watch they had purchased from him. It was not pretty. In a way, I can understand why it's gone, though it was an educational example of what can happen to your rep if honesty is not a key moral you hold. Years of building, gone.

13. lenny Apr 22, 2015

There were some that were still suspicious of the Romanian eBay seller...

14. ulackfocus Apr 22, 2015

So this dude is a totally full of shit liar. ::rant: What on Earth made him think he'd put one over on us? ::screwloose::

oddboy likes this.
  15. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 22, 2015

One word: prototype

16. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 22, 2015

Also, by the time I finished reading page 5 earlier this morning, at least 3 others had come forward stating that he had sold them watches or other items (one was a strap) in the past that he was not fully honest about. Apparently people there were reluctant to call him out on these things and put him in the "villain" class as they do with bad sellers there apparently.

I had a good laugh when someone else had called STS to verify his story, and basically Simon said they would never tell anyone it was a prototype dial, and right after that jrpippen posts that he had also "just" got off the phone with Simon, who told him the same thing that the dial was no prototype. Quite a coincidence that just as someone checks your story and finds out it's not true that you were just coming on to post the same thing...yeah right.

For me he went from a guy who simply would not listen to advice, to someone who appeared to be intentionally trying to deceive. It's too bad they took the thread down actually. Yes it was ugly, in particular the discussions about the culture there and if people should be pointing out watches with problems on their main forums, but unless they have that whole discussion somewhere there (I am not a member so maybe they have it in a member only section or something) all the lies and history of this thing was lost. Good thing we still have some of it here.

17. TNTwatch Apr 22, 2015

It was a new TZ-UK member who registered just to post warning about the "prototype" dial and questioning the seller's honesty, then I think member webvan linked the watch to the eBay's listing from Romania. At this point a few people still gave the benefit of the doubt to the seller since he has been a 6 year member with over 6000 post on TZ-UK. Someone called Simon at STS and he changed his tune a bit. But then member Cannop did some sleuthing and discovered the same serial number and now all hell broke loose.

Shame that they removed or hid the thread, isn't it a cover-up? Since it's not visible to the public anymore, I replicate Cannop's work here for the record:

From WUS sale post:

upload_2015-4-23_0-12-55.png

Ebay listing from Romania in June, 2014:

upload_2015-4-23_0-7-30.png

bobby75 likes this.
  18. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 23, 2015

Read the five pages blow by blow with a few rums under my belt last night. Had read the only two pages the night before.

Hung, drawn and quartered and set alight by the fifth page.

Think they locked it because by the end they were questioning the forums rules about not letting people question authenticity in the for sale thread. ::confused2::::confused2::::confused2:: or something like that.

Think we have gained a few members from there already...

19. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Apr 23, 2015

I love this place it really must be the best watch forum on the Internet :)

20. webvan Apr 23, 2015

Actually the thread was moved to the feedback section that is indeed private, members only and possibly a minimum number of posts/number of months.