Forums Latest Members
  1. Wetworks Apr 17, 2015

Poor choice of words on my part, I meant aftermarket as in OEM replacement, apologies. Anyway, I had it backwards, the Constellation dial HAD the TTs, but no tritium. Not the only one I've seen that way, either. Google '168.016' and you'll see what I mean.

EDIT- Unfortunately the best example appears to be from a now-defunct scam-artist.:mad: That said, the watchmaker I used is beyond trustworthy and I highly doubt he sourced a fake dial, especially one from Omega.

[​IMG]

Edited Apr 17, 2015
  2. lenny Apr 17, 2015

Isn't that tritium paint on the hands?

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 17, 2015

Nope black onyx insert

4. ulackfocus Apr 17, 2015

Ahhhhh, I have so enjoyed this thread! If I had a dollar for every time some n00b posted his redial and then railed against all the experienced veteran opinions I wouldn't have a mortgage anymore.

Occam's razor in action - which is more likely: you have a one of a kind unique prototype made by Omega that nobody on has seen before, or you have something that was refinished incorrectly?

Dash1 likes this.
  5. Wetworks Apr 17, 2015

Correct, and they were the original hands included with the original non-tritium dial which I replaced. Weird thing is that almost all the pictures I see of this model show stick/baton hands, whereas the Omega vintage listing has it with the dauphine hands.

I agree Dennis, but variations do exist. Do you think the Connie I sold had a bum dial? I certainly don't, but you're more expert than I, and you also know who did the work, and he's about as solid as they come, no?

6. ulackfocus Apr 17, 2015

Tommy, I just don't know anything anymore.

...... or maybe I should say "the more I see, the more I realize I don't know".

Wetworks likes this.
  7. PatrickJ Apr 17, 2015

This is the only time

8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 17, 2015

:thumbsup:

9. Kimmo Apr 18, 2015

Hi,
    I hope I'm not being too much nit picking here but the watches pictured here are not the Jedi Omega that Chuck Maddox named. Some people have already noticed the mistake and Fratello Watches has since then even made a post on thus issue.

http://www.fratellowatches.com/story-original-omega-seamaster-jedi-chronograph/

Having said this, it doesn't take anything away from this watch being reviewed here - it's a great piece!

10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 18, 2015

Even Chuck missed this (Friday afternoon job a one off, an experiment, a prototype) ::facepalm2::

@Kimmo

Kimmo likes this.
  11. webvan Apr 21, 2015

12. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 21, 2015

13. lwong Apr 21, 2015

So, that part about having owned the watch for 10 years...?

14. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Apr 21, 2015

megamon - I use this entertaining thread (in Swedish we have an expression - "ont-skönt" - which means something like hurtfull and pleasant at the same time...) to blatantly push for "The NOS thread" - where many of Stefans NOS watches can be seen. And a lot of others.
    Here you go and you are in for a feast:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/the-nos-thread.7352/

15. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 21, 2015

Whoever stirred the pot on TZ - chapeau - that is how you carry out a witch-hunt.

I doubt we'll be seeing the OP for a while.

I will definitely be photographing the back of every dial I take off, from now on, so for reference here is my one for the 1040:

Dial back.jpg Dial Front.jpg

I wonder if we'll ever see the back of the "prototype" that was verified by the non-existent employee.

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  16. Fost Apr 21, 2015

Who is Mark ??

So funny thread on TZ!!

´ i have a 18k gold timex, interested?'
    :D

17. sweets Apr 21, 2015

For completeness here (as a migrant from TZ) it is also worth noting the issue with the sub-dial font, where the "printer" has borrowed Orfina Porsche Design Lemania 5100 sub-dials for the 12-hr and the 24hr (moving the 24 hr subdial from 12 o'clock on a pd to 9 for the 1040 movement). The font is very distinctive, and totally unrelated to the much squarer Omega sub-dial font. Even the sub-dial hash marks remain as per a pd.

Dave

18. Tom Dick and Harry Apr 21, 2015

Its certainly stirred up the hornets nest over on TZ and I imagine it will continue, what a shame! Best thing the seller could do IMHO is source a new dial from fleabay (these do come up now and again) and fit it and sell it on with complete transparency!

What a mess over on TZ

19. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Apr 21, 2015

Best thing the seller could do is start telling the truth

TNTwatch and Stewart H like this.
  20. Tom Dick and Harry Apr 22, 2015

Absolutely agree, it certainly does appear that he has known what it is and where it has come from all along, which is really bad sport, he should have told the truth in the first place instead of masking it behind claims of STS validation of the his watch, I would have said this over on TZ but as anyone who's read the post will see he's already being hung, drawn and quartered............. then burned for good measure