Forums Latest Members
  1. jrpippen Feb 9, 2015

The dial is omega. Which part of I spoke to them about it is not going in here!! Honestly, I give up. lol.

Not to worry.

2. TNTwatch Feb 9, 2015

What's not going through is you haven't accepted honest and objective opinions about your watch, then resort to personal attack. Nobody's said anything bad about you, it's just your watch.

bobby75 likes this.
  3. jrpippen Feb 9, 2015

I have accepted all that's been said.

What I can't accept is that you guys honestly believe you know more than the Omega representatives at their UK vintage service centre.

What's that all about?

Should i call them and say, " Hi Chris, you remember the conversation we had about my speedy you just serviced, well the guys on the omega forum seem to think there may be an issue with the dial"

At which point he asks your credentials and tares a strip off me for wasting his time and taking the word of armatures and enthusiasts over his "professional" opinion and experience.

I don't have any problem with what your saying, I accept it and will investigate further, but you guys are not pros, and STS are. And they give omega warranties.

Your saying its a redial, when they say it's not. Perhaps as Sergio pointed out its just rare??

The watch is under Omega warranty. !!??

Maybe a simple yes or no.

TNT are you more qualified to authenticate this than STS. Remember they have handled it, serviced it and refitted it.

Yes or No?

Edited Feb 9, 2015
  4. TNTwatch Feb 9, 2015

STS are pro in watch servicing, not in authenticating redial. Since you said they said so, you can just ask them to provide in writing the the dial is not a redial, then you'd have some proof and peace of mind, not just some saying.

Even if so, I don't think anyone here would accept it though.

5. jrpippen Feb 9, 2015

Yes or No?

6. jrpippen Feb 9, 2015

So you do think your superior to STS, As you wouldn't accept their written word.

Nice

pdxleaf likes this.
  7. TNTwatch Feb 9, 2015

I don't have to think I'm superior, and you don't have to say I'm inferior. That I wouldn't accept on this specific dial is my opinion, and pretty much the collective opinion here on OF.

bobby75 likes this.
  8. jrpippen Feb 9, 2015

Yes or No? You haven't answered the question.

I'm not calling anyone anything, but to state you feel your opinion should even be considered on a level with Omega surely needs some verification?

I'm not stating my opinion on the watch, but theirs.

9. TNTwatch Feb 9, 2015

I didn't see your editing to question me. Don't question me. Go get STS's writing for your sake.

bobby75 likes this.
  10. jrpippen Feb 9, 2015

Yes or no. I am questioning you as your providing an opinion against omegas, and on top of that you don't seem able to answer a simple yes or no question.

There is a reason for that. The only answer is NO!

11. TNTwatch Feb 9, 2015

I don't need a qualification to provide my opinion here on OF. You don't have to accept my opinion.

If you want opinion on STS's qualification on authenticating your specific dial, I can provide one: it's no better than anybody, here on OF or anywhere. Again, just my opinion.

bobby75 likes this.
  12. jrpippen Feb 9, 2015

Really?? It's no better? How so?

Can you provide a two year Omega international Warranty?

13. TNTwatch Feb 9, 2015

One last thing, my opinion is backed up with the evidence I've provided. Many members here have pointed out evidences to a redial as well. Who needs qualification when there are evidences? Now you need evidence or proof of your dial not a redial to counter that. If you believe STS, get their proof.

bobby75 likes this.
  14. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 9, 2015

STS is not Omega its a service centre that will take your money and charge you redial or not. Not as if they have had thousands of these through there doors. Most have given there opinion like me. If my markers on upside down didnt make a light go on along with the 24 and other things up to you to prove us all wrong. Saying STS serviced it and gave you a two year warranty that does not include the dial just does not cut it for me.

bobby75 likes this.
  15. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 9, 2015

For fucks sake mate, how old are you?

If you can't take constructive advice but keep attacking people who are willing to discuss the issue I see no point in continuing this endless chain of trying to justify something you see as a rarity, while others just don't see it that way.

Pull the pin on this one.

16. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 9, 2015

Jrpippen,

This is a hard one, and with different degrees of delicacy were all basically attempting to say the same thing. No one here has any stake on your watch being a redial and I'm sure we all wish it was not for obvious reasons. What benefit is there for us on bringing this issue forward?

You bring the car dealership example. Mercedes may not service a fake engine, but they sure would service a real engine even if the chassis of the car has been somewhat altered. Or if you decided to switch the leather seats for leopard patterned plastic.

It would seem like the movement is the real deal but that dial is questionable, that's all were saying. Upside down items, missing legends, different type, misaligned markers and numbers, missing lume, which if original would not qualify it as a sub as subs must have lume. The speed aster label.

As prototypes go, if it's that, I cannot see how it was made by Omega propper. Too many changes and definitely made to a completely different standard of quality and aesthetic.

But, understanding the emotional and serious commitment you have for the watch all were saying is you should have it authenticated. Not serviced, not commented on by service dealership, authenticated and documented. I think if real Omega will pay a good deal of money to get this off your hands and off the market because it is either one of "two?" Known prototypes that fell out of the lab and therefore priceless, or its a redial.

If it's a redial with the right movement you can still enjoy it and cherish it. It's your watch for 10 years and your friends before that.

Ask your friend when he took the lume out or if it ever had a small accident that required someone to "fix" it because the watch can't do these things to itself.

JimInOz likes this.
  17. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 9, 2015

Just to be clear, nobody us saying the dial is a "replica" or "fake" or anything of that nature. A redial means the original dial was discoloured, or damaged as often was the case due to moisture intrusion or other factors, and a watchmaker stripped the paint off and repainted the dial as best as he could. This isn't an uncommon thing, quite the opposite. I would be certain STS see and service at least one or more redial every single day of the year as the market is full of them, they're that frequent an occurrence.

jrpippen likes this.
  18. jrpippen Feb 9, 2015

Ok. I've read all that you have said guys.

1. STS are absolutely an Omega Service centre. (See proof of that below)

2. Although the dial may have the individualises stated above the manager at the above OMEGA SERVICE CENTRE was sure and assured me that all parts were authentic omega. (Of course I can't see the back of the dial).

3. I still have to ask how some here honestly believe that their opinion, while totally valid, should be taken above the word of an Omega accredited professional. ??

4. The Watch has a 2 year Service Guarantee, approved and credited by Omega.

5. The original hands held no tritium and there is none on the dial. None has been removed and as you can see there is no t Swiss made t. THERE WAS NO TRITIUM!

I'm not ignoring or dissing any opinion of you guys here. But lads, opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has got one.

An Omega professional has handled the watch and was happy and content it was original. It may have been a Friday afternoon job a one off, an experiment, a prototype, a mistake or custom made, but if he is happy how can I as an amateur (as you are) tell him he's wrong?

Cheers for you input chaps.

Incidentally the watch is running to +4 seconds a day. Happy with that!! :)

Edited Feb 9, 2015
  19. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 9, 2015

There would have been Tritium and not upside markers before your mate had the original dial sanded and repainted = redialed
    The whole watch is original but in never left Omega with that dial looking like that. At no point does the above say anything about the dial being original. The dial could be a pink with polka dots and still be original That is the point you are missing

20. jrpippen Feb 9, 2015

I understand the point. What your missing is that it matters not, and I'm not convinced that's the case that it didn't leave the factory like that. That's a hard one to prove either way.

Il look forward to investigating the Prototypes and variations.

Edited Feb 9, 2015