Forums Latest Members
  1. gop76 Mar 11, 2016

Selling that watch with that story for that price makes me think in redialing all my watches...

Andy K likes this.
  2. flyingout Mar 11, 2016

And almost exactly the asking price on the WUS listing. Hmmm.

3. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Mar 11, 2016

The bidding activity doesn't look at first glance like usual 0-feedback shills. Maybe the seller simply associates himself with a higher strata of shills than most. ::bleh::

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 11, 2016

Won't be surprised if it turns up again, the thing with guys like this and a handful of other car-boot watch dealers is they have such limited capital that they are deeply invested in every piece they get and have to squeeze it for everything.

Then when they get a dud or a lemon they use some little white lies or exaggerations to grease the sale and get out of it hoping nobody will call them on it. Then someone does and they have to start stacking more lies on as they try to defend themselves until they implode spectacularly. I've seen it happen several times now and its one of the many reasons I try to advise people not to take that path.

The biggest lesson is if you do buy a watch and you screw up, just eat it, give it to a friend or relative as a gift or if it has some value sell it with full disclosure no reserve, take the loss and move on.

The dealers who are successful do just that, they chalk it up as a loss, salvage what its worth and move on, they don't sit there desperately trying to figure out how to sneak it into the win column by making it someone else's problem.

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 11, 2016

He probably thinks the watch is cursed by now as he sits up most nights rocking just looking at it.....

Greatpa and JimInOz like this.
  6. jrpippen Apr 16, 2016

The watch sold and positive feedback was received. Just have a look.

I was quite surprised how much it sold for but I wasn't going to argue.

I'm now selling a couple of the spare dials I bight for it if anyone is interested.

I do wish that is heeded the advice of the forum here when it was first offered, but hey, you live and learn. In honesty I didn't knew at that stage if you guys were just a bunch of hacks or the real deal. It's obviously the latter. So apologies.

Thanks for all your help and advice. And keep an eye out as no doubt as no doubt the Non Jedi Jedi, Padeone will turn up somewhere. Although the buyer said it was for keeps.

Many thanks.

Anyone after a Bell & Ross 02-94

[emoji6]

Follow @watchbod - Twitter

WatchZoneUK - Facebook Group

STANDY likes this.
  7. lenny Apr 16, 2016

Wow, you came back to advertise more watches. Good PR [emoji6].

apsm100 and jrpippen like this.
  8. sky21 Apr 16, 2016

Just finished reading through all 11 pages of this thread and checking out the eBay and WUS listings. All I can say is wow!! Quite a different story from page 1, to the listing and eventual sale on page 10. Compete honesty from the beginning is definitely the best policy, but with the way these prices keep climbing who knows what will show up next. My favorite part of this thread was the Aussie forum beat down that @JimInOz posted. Glad that isn't my daughter!!

GuiltyBoomerang and jrpippen like this.
  9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 5, 2018

Revisit bump

10. DRjre086 Nov 6, 2018

Thank you for this! Haven’t had a good laugh at someone else’s expense like this in a while.

Truly amazing people like this are out there....THE MARKERS FROM 4-8 ALL UPSIDE DOWN is what truly did it for me :D

machamp6650, Yak1 and Stuie like this.
  11. Paedipod Nov 7, 2018

wow. was hoping that it was back up for sale.....is this the most posted about watch on OF? surely that is worth something

12. SpeedyD Nov 7, 2018

First ‘vintage’ watch thread I’ve read start to finish.

The patience and level of diligence offered by OF members (on the whole) was astounding! Don’t think ai’ve ever read a forum thread with such restraint given the level of resistance to what (as a casual observer with sfa knowledge or experience in older Omega watches) seemed like an overwhelming dose of common sense!

However I am somewhat disappointed nowhere in the 11 pages preceding this post did anyone point out the most obvious.....

‘This is not the jedi you’re looking for’

:D

(Sorry, I’ll get my coat :p)

Waltesefalcon, Paedipod and oddboy like this.
  13. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Nov 7, 2018

Well, we did tell him the truth.. "from a certain point of view" ...

Tik-Tok of Oz, STANDY and SpeedyD like this.
  14. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 7, 2018

Finish :whistling:............... he sold the watch, it's still out there. ( and it's obvious he didn't sell it to anyone that reads here or WUS )

This was chapter 1 ---- Friday Night Prototype
    Wait for chapter 2 ---- /Yet to be named/ ( Where a new whipper snapper races to 200 posts to try and sell it here )

15. Stufflers Mom Dec 29, 2018

Or TZ-UK where is was outed and banned for being a con artist of the worst sort. Buy the seller is always the first thing people need to consider in forum watch sales.

16. apsm100 applysome! Nov 7, 2019

More lessons on how not to be an entitled prick

17. Fatcat Nov 7, 2019

i take to opportunity that someone resseruct the Jedi Thread, is anyone looking to SALE a JEDI or a FLAT JEDI ? :))))

18. rob#1 Nov 7, 2019

At least this zombie thread is excruciatingly entertaining :confused:

19. Yak1 Nov 7, 2019

I just read through all of it...it would make a delightful set of memes.

STANDY likes this.
  20. Theluglife Dec 1, 2019

December 2019. This thread has kept me very entertained this weekend.

STANDY likes this.