Forums Latest Members
  1. janice&fred Aug 6, 2020

Well Al, it's plain to see you don't play fair. You asked me via private message to lay off you yet you seem to have a license to jab at me anytime you like. Be a big boy and learn how to take it as well as dish it out. I would never EVER ask someone via PM to stop joking about me or make a report on anyone. That kinda stuff doesn't happen where I'm from.

pongster likes this.
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 6, 2020

I asked you to stop making odd/creepy posts about me...not about jokes.

Jab at you? We both comment on threads and have differing opinions, and we both express them. Whatever drama you are trying to manufacture here, please leave me out of it.

pongster likes this.
  3. janice&fred Aug 6, 2020

Would you be able to share with us all what you consider "odd and creepy"? I think what you are referring to might have been jokes.

pongster likes this.
  4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 6, 2020

Again, I'm not getting involved in any more of your drama Fred.

pongster likes this.
  5. janice&fred Aug 6, 2020

Well you accused me here on the public forum of making "odd and creepy" posts about you so why not follow through and show us what you're talking about? If I was in fact merely joking, as you say you also do, then you're being the drama queen my friend.

pongster likes this.
  6. pongster Aug 6, 2020

how do i do that? Like this -

janice&fred likes this.
  7. janice&fred Aug 6, 2020

Perfect

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 6, 2020

Any post in WRUW is guaranteed to get at least 10 likes. Posts in any other thread don’t have that.

not really but a good like to post ratio suggests a quality of posts.

janice&fred likes this.
  9. Radiumpassion Aug 6, 2020

Man.. you guys are talking about likes like it was hard cash:whistling:

10. JwRosenthal Aug 6, 2020

I don’t like this thread anymore.

Larry S, DaveK, Shabbaz and 2 others like this.
  11. janice&fred Aug 6, 2020

Let's play it safe...

5222247910_Sycophants_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg.jpg

12. Joe_A Aug 6, 2020

The WRUW thread should be taken very lightly in my view.

Unlike most other places where I offer up any sort of reaction, I try not to think as I scroll through the WRUW thread. If I am forced to analyze what I do - please don't force me analyze.

Thank you. ;)

But . . .

If I do think about it at all, sometimes I am "liking" the watch; but sometimes I am "liking" the context . . . even though the watch itself may not move me. Sometimes I "like" the photography technique as I imagine that the poster may be going for an effect. Maybe the guy has an equity position in Duncan Donuts, for example?

Sometimes I am moved by the the way the subject is lit. Lighting is so important in photography. At other times I like the elements of the composition - the way the poster put things together whether by design or accident. It hardly matters when the result is artistic or artful . . . and satisfying.

One thing I try very hard not to do is think about anything while I am perusing the WRUW thread.

It's Zen. It's the finger pointing at the moon. If your monkey mind does not get it; no worry. The rest of us will pick up the slack.

janice&fred likes this.
  13. Walrus Aug 6, 2020

Did you read taming the monkey mind as well? I liked that book I need to pick up another copy I leant mine to someone. If I find a copy I’ll put a pic of me holding it in wruw

janice&fred likes this.
  14. Joe_A Aug 6, 2020

Mine's still untamed!

I'll have to look into it. I am familiar with the concept, but not the book. ;)

And go right ahead . . .

janice&fred and Walrus like this.