Forums Latest Members

“Buying” warranty card from gray dealer?

1. any4xx Nov 16, 2017

I’ve been contemplating a specific Speedmaster Racing model for a while and never see it listed for sale by any of the forum’s regular sellers. I emailed on of the large online retailers (not the J place) and asked about warranty cards. They responded that for an additional $200.00 they would include the international warranty card. That seems rather steep to me since it costs them nothing to not-remove it from the box.

Part of my OCD personality makes me want the card, but my tightwad side is fighting vigorously with that thought. What are the thoughts of the masses here on paying extra for the card?

2. tyrantlizardrex Nov 16, 2017

How much less than retail does that make it?

And have you contacted any of the guys who can get things? ;)

3. any4xx Nov 16, 2017

The "Big" online gray-market dealers all keep the original warranty card and offer their own in-house warranties. Seems odd to me, but I'm guessing they have a "deal" with their suppliers to not include the original warranty cards. Which, if that is the case, is only good unless they can make more profit.

4. any4xx Nov 16, 2017

Quite a bit less than retail. Probably in the ballpark of 50% depending on the model. It never dawned on my to fish the regular dealers. I just figured they'd offer up whatever they had. Good idea. Not like I'm in any real hurry.

5. Drawarms Nov 16, 2017

sounds like BS to me - don't do it out of principal

6. any4xx Nov 16, 2017

Kind of where I am mentally. I just need to decide how much the principal of the thing is worth when it's converted to dollars.

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 16, 2017

"the international warranty card." but who's international warranty card?
    I don't see the words , Omega's International Warranty Card