Your opinion for Space compax dial

1. Djayrom Feb 1, 2015

Hello
    I need to be sure that this Space compax dial is not fake
    Ready to read your opinion

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The Loon Feb 1, 2015

What pictures of the about the back J?. I think the safest way to confirm would be to have your existing dial removed by your watch maker and both compared side by side. I am not an expert on this model but that is what I would do if you have access to this proposed purchase.

Djayrom likes this.
  3. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Feb 1, 2015

There is no applied furniture on this dial so the back would give nothing away other than perhaps a maker's mark.

4. woodwkr2 Feb 1, 2015

5. woodwkr2 Feb 1, 2015

Also, get better pictures. You need some more depth of field or a good head on shot.

And while you're at it, a photo of the back side is always helpful. You'd be amazed what you can learn by studying dial backs.

6. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Feb 1, 2015

especially this:
    If I hadn't seen that Viennese redial, I would have pronounced yours original without a second thought

Who can show pics of an authentic dial back for a Space Compax for comparison?

7. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Feb 1, 2015

I believe it is at least relumed but can't tell if it's a fake. Is this one from a Rolex dealer?

8. woodwkr2 Feb 1, 2015

Why do you believe it has been relumed, Gavin?

I've personally found lume very, very difficult to judge properly. Somewhat aided with a UV light and geiger counter.

9. Djayrom Feb 1, 2015

Hello
    First, thanks to everybody for your participation And all your good advices

I will receive more pictures : one from the back of the dial And other for see the 6 index

My main doubt is actually around relume index or not And I am like louS the dial is good for me

I will post more pics if the seller send me

Thanks for your help

10. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Feb 2, 2015

Agree with you it's difficult to judge a relume. When I zoom in using my phone, I see that the lume is rather uneven around the white hour indices. You can see the white in some areas and the lume spilling over in some areas. You ever that in almost all 12 indices. But of course the lume may be flaking off although the dial is in great condition.
    And reason why I asked if the dial is from a dealer is because I think I saw the same dial this past week belonging to this dealer who has quite a few watches with this shade of patina on the lume. So it's of suspect to me. But of course I could be wrong. :oops: