Forums Latest Members
  1. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 9, 2013

Richard, I appreciate you have concluded the forum isn't right for you.

But we do have members who were also affected by the concentration camps (my own family are from that area) and the comparison between concentration camps and a bit of transatlantic humour doesn't help anyone.

I hope you find a forum more aligned with your tastes & thank you for your contributions here.

Best
    Warren

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 9, 2013

What does the way people speak in New Jersey have to do with your English? And why is it a problem inviting you to tell us more about your Auto? Are you trying to take offense at everything said? And denigrating was not to be taken literally. Your sense of humor is doing a good job concealing itself. People here have been bending over backwards trying to make you feel welcome and not to offend you. I am sorry this has not succeeded.

3. ulackfocus Jun 9, 2013

Dude, if you can't take a little joke like that then we won't miss you. Sorry to be so blunt - we don't do kid gloves here. What we do is have fun and bust each other's stones a little. Man, I thought only teenagers' whole identity was tied to their car.

4. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jun 9, 2013

This just goes to show what happens when an empire breaks up. None of this would have happened if we hadn't let you look after yourselves. I'll have a word with the Commonwealth about the Australians, but you are on your own with the Septics.

5. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Jun 9, 2013

I think my best watch photos are iPhone 5 wristies, usually taken during my commute at a stoplight, preferably with the top down, then rapidly and non-painstakingly post-processed a little with an app called Camera+ at the next stoplight.

To wit:

[​IMG]

You can't tell, but this watch is only a few feet away from the 5.5 L V8 in my... um... Prius.

6. Dablitzer Jun 9, 2013

You truly are the iPhone photographer of the forum! :thumbsup: Ps. Thanks for giving away some trade secrets!

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 9, 2013

I take it that you don't live in Victoria (AUS) then.
    Because we're so naughty here and can't be trusted, the gummint made it illegal to even touch our phones when we're driving.
    And the wallopers often interpret driving as "if you're in the car mate, you're driving it!".

The law
    It is illegal in all Australian states and territories to use a hand-held mobile phone while driving. This includes:
    • Talking
    • Texting
    • Playing games
    • Taking photos/video
    • Using any other function on your phone.

Using a hand held mobile phone is also illegal when your vehicle is stationary but not parked e.g. when you’re stopped at traffic lights.

Drivers who break this law in Victoria face an on-the-spot fine and incur three demerit points.

I also drive a car (VW Golf GTI) that seems to attract the attention of the upholders of the law, so to be on the safe side I leave my phone in the glovebox.

If I ever need to make a call I'll pull up, turn the ignition off, get out of my car, walk fifty paces away and make the call...............maybe

8. MyVintageOmega Jun 9, 2013

::popcorn:: Good to know if I ever decide to get a cell phone.

9. MyVintageOmega Jun 9, 2013

[​IMG]
    Never heard of that car , so I searched it out and found this image and posted it.........rather than waiting a number of years guessing what it looks like.::deadhorse::

10. Chocko Jun 10, 2013

image.jpg My first post(hi all ) and my first Speedmaster

11. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 10, 2013

Welcome Chocko...........nice Speedy Pro. First one I 've seen using mesh bracelet.

12. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Jun 10, 2013

Sorry about your nanny state down under. You probably save some money in the emergency department and intensive care units, though. If it's any consolation, when I was working as a waiter in New Hampshire 20-odd years ago, one of my co-workers, kind of a sad sack single parent, decided to prime himself for his shift by downing a few beers in his car - parked in the restaurant parking lot, ignition off - before work. Cop came by and busted him for having an open container in his car, then brought him inside to tell the manager, who promptly fired the guy for coming to work tanked. This in a state whose motto is "Live free or die."

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 12, 2013

Not bad at all, Speedy works with so many different bracelet/strap options.

14. Cydonia Jun 12, 2013

Still learning the ropes when it comes to watch photography, but here are a couple of shots of my Seamaster from tonight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: Playing around with Lightroom presets, the above photos a bit modified. Which versions do you prefer, and why?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DanOmega, Buchmann69, Trev and 2 others like this.
  15. Danny T Jun 12, 2013

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OmegaRookie, Longbow, iflyem1 and 4 others like this.
  16. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 12, 2013

Nice Olympic Seamaster Pro. I love those little colourful olympic logo second hand end balance.

Danny T likes this.
  17. marios_ch Jun 26, 2013

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 27, 2013

[​IMG]

marco, Vron and Dablitzer like this.
  19. Dablitzer Jun 27, 2013

A Norman Morris Globemaster Cal. 491 from 1958...AJTT Page 363

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372359574.456261.jpg

Notice the reflection in the black honeycomb dial...All iPhone ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372359598.205461.jpg

heman likes this.
  20. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jun 27, 2013

Avec vetements :thumbsup: