Forums Latest Members

Would you wear a never-before-worn, vintage watch?

1. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Oct 30, 2014

Nope.

2. andyg Nov 1, 2014

i only buy to wear, that may change if the cost of something i purchase ever hits five figures and is a vintage. But for now, i buy to enjoy the wrist time.

bilemshious likes this.
  3. Difeer Nov 2, 2014

Depends. If it is one of those very rare pieces, I would put it on once in a while, admire it, strike a few poses in front of the mirror, shudder at the thought that I have a NOS piece, and then put it back in the box :p

4. pascs Nov 2, 2014

I have this Seamaster which is NOS ..........and unfortunately I seldom wear it

[​IMG]

5. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Nov 2, 2014

What's the point of having it if you can't wear it. I'll take something nice off if I'm going to mow the lawn or work on the bike, but all of my stuff sees regular wear, regardless of value rarity or its former NOS status.

I've bought a couple of NOS watches.... its as close as I'll come to buying something new!

bilemshious likes this.
  6. davidswiss Nov 6, 2014

I've an unworn gold connie cal 561 which I'll not wear and will keep.
    However, I sold an unworn green bezel 2003/4 submariner because I couldn't stand it being in the safe and the feeling that I shouldn't really wear it and will do the same with a mid '60's Carrera 45 some time soon. For me owning them is nice but wearing them is nicer and the idea that your knocking quite a large amount off the value by wearing them is a pain.

7. yande Nov 6, 2014

That watch is going to last far longer than me, regardless of whether I wear it or not. So on my wrist it goes. I can't afford safe queens..

Though, take my 2 Heuers.. I wear them gently... Not like my PO. Beater material....

8. ulackfocus Nov 6, 2014

I remember you snagging that over a year ago. It's a cool watch. :thumbsup:

pascs likes this.
  9. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Nov 6, 2014

It will almost certainly never happen but if it did I would wear it, naturally carefully but wear it I would and enjoy every second.