Forums Latest Members

Which watch is Jean Claude Killy wearing here ?

1. _Dracha_ Jan 23, 2015

Hi everyone, as I stumbled across this picture I couldnt think of a better place to ask the question

the caption of the pic is :

"Jean-Claude Killy takes victory at Grenoble, 1967. At the lower edge of the frame you can see his Rolex"

Which Rolex is he wearing ?, I cant find any Rolex with that subdial layout / bezel combination
    but I have a strong feeling it might be this one , I cant think of any other brand using that particular dial/subdial/bezel layout ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. _Dracha_ Jan 23, 2015

realized the pic with watch is rather small, so I blew it up a little pit

[​IMG]

3. _Dracha_ Jan 24, 2015

I just found a better picture which settles it for me,
    Its a Breitling ref 765 CP , for me clearly visible as the 15 min. counter subdial is larger than the other 2 . That together with the black bezel with large chrome numbers as visible in the previous pic convinced me its the ref 765 CP Breitling

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Jan 24, 2015

Thank god he's not wearing a Rolex. He did have incredible taste wearing that Breitling.

_Dracha_ likes this.
  5. _Dracha_ Jan 25, 2015

Yes , kinda funny that the Man was wearing a Breitling during his greatest triumphs while he won all his gold medals during the 1968 Winter Olympics , after the Olympics he became a Rolex Ambassador and had a watch named after him that no one (AFAIK) has seen him wear ever ! :)