Forums Latest Members
  1. ulackfocus Sep 12, 2012

.... did you have any idea how expensive it would be?

1) membership: FREE.

2) advice: FREE.

3) pictures: FREE.

4) vintage watch budget: THROUGH THE ROOF!!!

Anyone being threatened with divorce, foreclosure, or any other type of legal action yet? :p

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 12, 2012

Not yet
    JUGGLING-GIF.gif

3. Mothra Sep 12, 2012

Hi guys - I've only been lurking a couple of weeks, thought I better introduce myself - I'm new to collecting, I'm currently focused on constellations. I have a modern broad arrow and a 564 SS pie pan.

WP_000227.jpg

Anyway, although my wife can't understand why anyone needs anymore than one watch she's happy for me to add a gold one to my collection; I'm off to a watch fair in Middlesex at the weekend so wish me luck. I'll pop up pictures if I find anything interesting... :).

Sooo, relevant to the topic - from your experience, roughly how long does this period of amused tolerance last and how soon will I be having packages delivered to friends houses and hiding stuff on tall shelves? :)

4. ulackfocus Sep 12, 2012

Hey dude, thanks for coming out of the shadows. If you only can have one prototypical example of a vintage Omega, a stainless dog leg lug Constellation with crosshairs is the one to own. :thumbsup:

Ask her this: "Why does anyone need any more than one pair of black shoes?". Whether she admits it or not, she'll get the point. :D
    Ooooo, a kitchen pass to get a treat! Love when that happens! ::jumpy::
    Cool - you know the rule on pictures already. Looking forward to that post.
    You either come to an understanding or you get stuff delivered to the office.

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 12, 2012

All too soon my friend, all too soon.

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 12, 2012

Maybe one of the guys here could go with you, we've got several Brits about.

7. ulackfocus Sep 12, 2012

8. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 12, 2012

Is that the one at Brunel on Sunday ? I'm negotiating with the Household Diary Comittee for a day release for that one ;)

9. Mothra Sep 12, 2012

I'm heading in with a friend, but it would be good to say hello if anyone is there. :) Pass from HDC already sorted!

10. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 12, 2012

Will let you know. I'm due to be at a family lunch in Herts, so may try to swing by for an hour or two early in the day.