When You Joined Here....

1. ulackfocus
    ulackfocus Dennis @ ΩF - vociferous quartzophobe
     Sep 12, 2012
    .... did you have any idea how expensive it would be?

1) membership: FREE.

2) advice: FREE.

3) pictures: FREE.

4) vintage watch budget: THROUGH THE ROOF!!!

Anyone being threatened with divorce, foreclosure, or any other type of legal action yet? :p
    1. 9 Replies
    2. 510 Views
    3. Last post by SpikiSpikester Sep 12, 2012
  2. cicindela
    cicindela Steve @ ΩF
     Sep 12, 2012
    Not yet
  3. Mothra
     Sep 12, 2012
    Hi guys - I've only been lurking a couple of weeks, thought I better introduce myself - I'm new to collecting, I'm currently focused on constellations. I have a modern broad arrow and a 564 SS pie pan.

Anyway, although my wife can't understand why anyone needs anymore than one watch she's happy for me to add a gold one to my collection; I'm off to a watch fair in Middlesex at the weekend so wish me luck. I'll pop up pictures if I find anything interesting... :).

Sooo, relevant to the topic - from your experience, roughly how long does this period of amused tolerance last and how soon will I be having packages delivered to friends houses and hiding stuff on tall shelves? :)
  4. ulackfocus
     Sep 12, 2012
    Mothra
    Mothra said
    Hi guys - I've only been lurking a couple of weeks, thought I better introduce myself - I'm new to collecting, I'm currently focused on constellations. I have a modern broad arrow and a 564 SS pie pan.
    Hey dude, thanks for coming out of the shadows. If you only can have one prototypical example of a vintage Omega, a stainless dog leg lug Constellation with crosshairs is the one to own. :thumbsup:

Mothra
    Mothra said
    Anyway, although my wife can't understand why anyone needs anymore than one watch....
    Ask her this: "Why does anyone need any more than one pair of black shoes?". Whether she admits it or not, she'll get the point. :D
    Mothra
    Mothra said
    she's happy for me to add a gold one to my collection;
    Ooooo, a kitchen pass to get a treat! Love when that happens! ::jumpy::
    Mothra
    Mothra said
    I'm off to a watch fair in Middlesex at the weekend so wish me luck. I'll pop up pictures if I find anything interesting... :).
    Cool - you know the rule on pictures already. Looking forward to that post.
    Mothra
    Mothra said
    Sooo, relevant to the topic - from your experience, roughly how long does this period of amused tolerance last and how soon will I be having packages delivered to friends houses and hiding stuff on tall shelves? :)
    You either come to an understanding or you get stuff delivered to the office.
  5. cicindela
    cicindela Steve @ ΩF
     Sep 12, 2012
    Mothra
    Mothra said
    All too soon my friend, all too soon.
  6. cicindela
    cicindela Steve @ ΩF
     Sep 12, 2012
    Mothra
    Mothra said
    I'm off to a watch fair in Middlesex at the weekend so wish me luck. I'll pop up pictures if I find anything interesting... :).
    Maybe one of the guys here could go with you, we've got several Brits about.
  7. ulackfocus
     Sep 12, 2012
  8. SpikiSpikester
     Sep 12, 2012
    Mothra
    Mothra said
    I'm off to a watch fair in Middlesex at the weekend so wish me luck. I'll pop up pictures if I find anything interesting :)
    Is that the one at Brunel on Sunday ? I'm negotiating with the Household Diary Comittee for a day release for that one ;)
  9. Mothra
     Sep 12, 2012
    I'm heading in with a friend, but it would be good to say hello if anyone is there. :) Pass from HDC already sorted!
  10. SpikiSpikester
     Sep 12, 2012
    Will let you know. I'm due to be at a family lunch in Herts, so may try to swing by for an hour or two early in the day.