Forums Latest Members

What's wrong with the Netherlands?

1. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 18, 2014

Started to notice recently the number of sellers (eBay) who refuse to ship to the Netherlands ?
    Hardly ever saw that beautiful country/people as the latest scam merchants :unsure:

2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Oct 18, 2014

I think they have a similar problem with the newer EU members that we do.

Mathlar likes this.
  3. ulackfocus Oct 18, 2014

Maybe their all stoned? ::confused2::

DocHolliday likes this.
  4. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 18, 2014

Ahhh, the little coffee shops with such nice cakes ;)

5. jopex Oct 18, 2014

Friend of mine has bought Seiko Tuna few days ago from Netherlands. Seller is a trusted member over at uhrforum. Watch was stollen at their airport prior to export. Package was standing still for a few days and then it moved out of the country at the seller's intervention at the post office. Scanned weight records suggests that the watch on braclet was taken before entering my country.

Could be that there were more cases like this one recently.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 18, 2014

The only thing I know of is that their import duty is very high and their customs people enforce it like hawks, so perhaps some are trying to be overly forceful getting a low declared value or something but I don't understand why anyone would not want to ship there either its a very reputable country with no major corruption issues.

7. bill5959 Oct 18, 2014

Agreed:)

8. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 19, 2014

Been selling off quite a few old bits and pieces lately and started to notice many sales were heading to the Netherlands.
    A quick trawl through some listings and hence the op.

9. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 19, 2014

This is only my opinion. Of course we all know that the Dutch are some of chillest peeps on the planet and let's face it: they practically invented modern mercantile and foreign trading.

But, lately, there are less dutch people living in the Netherlands and more foreign types who seem to excel in the area of organized crime. Most likely, there's some sort of chicanery going on with their postal and delivery services.

This is becoming a common theme throughout the entire western world and will only continue to worsen as we insist on committing some twisted post modern P.C. version of seppuku. Digression: There's some weird irony that the Japanese have zero patience for western ideas regarding political correctness and open borders. I write weird because they've basically copied every single western political, economic and social theme for 150+ years. The lone western idea they refuse to accept or adopt is losing their culture and not keeping their island "pure". We're taught that diversity is a strength. The Japanese are taught that diversity is bad. Interesting dichotomy...

10. roach7 Oct 19, 2014

I've shipped watches to the Netherlands without issue in the past? Maybe somethings have changed recently?

11. cristos71 Oct 20, 2014

I've never had any difficulties shipping or receiving so I can only imagine that there must be some relatively new scams/scammers active.

12. blackwatch wants tickets to the HyperBole. Oct 20, 2014

citizenrich said what I was thinking a lot better than I could have said it. He often does.