Forums Latest Members

What model longines auto is this?

1. griffiths Mar 17, 2014

2. griffiths Mar 17, 2014

image.jpg What model could this be ? And what movement is this?

3. griffiths Mar 17, 2014

4. ulackfocus Mar 17, 2014

Ah, I see you put a picture of the inside of the case back this time, unlike your NAWCC post. Updated info is called for then…..

The dial has been refinished and it's a generic model. The reference number shows on the inside of the case back: 3026. The 1 is for the first generation of that reference number, and the 631 means the case was meant to house a caliber in the 63x series (which it does).

The movement looks like an L636.1 which is a rebadged ETA 2836. These were introduced around 1974.

griffiths likes this.
  5. griffiths Mar 17, 2014

yes I did. I thought I'd post here too. So it's just a random model. So what was the quality like of the movement then? I own mostly vintage longines from the 40s

so it's a complete watch apart from the re dial. i personally don't like re dials, only if it's a complete mess that a re dial is needed. What is your opinion on the quality or the re dial?

6. ulackfocus Mar 17, 2014

It's cool - we're less stuffy here but you probably already know that.

Yes, Longines (and many brands) made a lot of watches that didn't belong to a specific series like Flagship or Conquest. You can try checking through here though:

http://www.vintagewatchresources.com/list.php?tl=browse&browse=model_name

ETA calibers have always been very good to excellent. They evolved from Eterna.

You tease. :p Where's the pictures?

Looks like it.

Join the club. Redials are only acceptable if they're 100% true to original (IMO).

It's not a great job. The last C in Automatic doesn't dip like it should and the font of LONGINES is bad. However, you might be able to have a better job done. Check your messages.

7. griffiths Mar 17, 2014

image.jpg Thank you for that I will check my mail now. I don't have the pics on my phone of my 40s. But I have one of my early 1950s watch