Forums Latest Members
  1. nickgr Doesn't like baklava!!! Oct 19, 2014

Hello,
    I would like to present you my latest acquitition, an Omega Constellation ref 168.041 with cal 751, which I bought today at my local flea-market for 230 euros(and also a nice tag-heuer 6000 series diver but this is another story;)). Ok, here are the pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It has the original crystal also:
    [​IMG]
    Is this crown original to this model or is it from another watch;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Based on the serial number it dates from 1970
    [​IMG]

So far it keeps good time and I like the style. Do you see anything wrong about this watch; Personally I think it's right but I haven't the knowledge some of you have. Thanks for your attention:)

JimInOz likes this.
  2. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Oct 19, 2014

The 168.041s are a 'sleeper', or were a sleeper for a long time. They're now beginning to be more appreciated, and I think you bought very well at that price. The original leather band was the width of the watch, which had cut-outs on both sides so as to be attached to the hooded lugs and shows the watch off at its best.

Still traces of original finish on the case as it has been polished, so overall I think its a nice acquisition.

Cheers

Desmond

nickgr likes this.
  3. nickgr Doesn't like baklava!!! Oct 20, 2014

Thank you very much for your replies much appreciated. Mondodec I saw the correct finish of this watch in your excellent article about 751 Constellations. Based on that I supposed that at least the front is polished and that's why I was a little concerned if I bought a overpolished example. If you say that is a nice acquisition then it's good news for me:)