Forums Latest Members

What Do You Make Of This Longines?

1. JimSoft Jan 1, 2015

2. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Jan 1, 2015

I can't comment on authenticity, but that looks like a service box so I would suggest its a clean, lightly used watch, not unworn.

I purchased my lovely wife a nice new Longines not all that long ago, it didn't come with a silly looking sticker like that on the back.

It does appear to have a hallmark on the case, so its likely a solid as opposed to a PVD or plated gold case.

BUT I'd want to see inside before I parted with any of my hard earned cash.

that and I don't trust ebay

3. ulackfocus Jan 1, 2015

I'm not so sure it's "unworn". The SWISS MADE is too high and too far apart, which usually denotes a refinished dial. There are TOO MANY eBay sellers who redial & polish up watches and call them "NOS" or "Unworn" in an attempt to get some poor n00b to pay more than they should.

I can't say for 100% certain it's a redial though because I'm not 100% certain which reference that is, so you'll have to settle for my 99.7% opinion.

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 1, 2015

4645e7e350f1bb8a72fa1f5b8f912173.jpg $_5lon7.JPG
    Notice what the sticker is missing? Longines

BTW, strap looks fake.

5. JimSoft Jan 2, 2015

Thanks for the opinions. What caught my eye was the crispness of the case coupled with the tarnishing which made me think it hadn't been polished up for sale. It looks like the case has been hallmarked and has a number on the back which I can't make out from the photo. I do agree that the printing on that strap looks a bit suspect. Plus points for me would be the seller has 100% feedback on coins and watches, it's in the UK so no import cost and as it's an auction it's price would be open to market forces.

Graham.

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 2, 2015

There are some + & - here. The sticker, while peculiar, has dirty edges that give it the appears of having been on the watch for a long time. However the same dirty edges seem to indicate the watch has been worn and is not NOS. The watch does look unpolished. The dial remains the concerning factor.

7. JimSoft Jan 2, 2015

As a point of reference here is another I found with the same dial but without the seconds sub dial, case looks the similar to me too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Vint...895847126?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item58af2962d6Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I also noticed that on the watch in my first post the plastic bag in picture 5 has the same logo as the sticker on the back of the watch. Not really sure what direction I'm headed with these comments, just curious to hear other opinions.

Graham.