Forums Latest Members

What do we think about this Speedy F/S on Ebay?

1. DocHolliday Dec 8, 2014

So I've been going back and forth with this seller about this speedy? What do you all think? What would be a realistic fair offer?

The band isn't original( not a big concern)
    He said the watch was serviced earlier in the year but the chronograph settings look a little jacked up( still waiting for a response.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ome...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Dec 8, 2014

Well, being an 861 is not that highly collectible compared to a 321. maybe 1.5 to 2g? or maybe I'm way off here. but I wouldn't expect to pay more than that.

3. Hijak Dec 8, 2014

It's been relisted @ $1999 US BIN with the same crappy pictures.

Edit: it's funny it didn't sell in an action with a starting price of $1899 but they decided
    to relist as BIN at a higher price.::screwloose::

Edited Dec 8, 2014
    repoman likes this.
  4. repoman Dec 8, 2014

I agree with Hijak, the seller seems to have a screw loose. Couple other things, this seller has very little feedback (take that into account), the watch does not seem to come with box and cards/papers, which devalues it somewhat. The pictures are terrible (on purpose I think), but from what I can see this watch has been beat to crap. The bezel looks like it took a big hit at the 12 o'clock position, it looks flattened to me, plus the case wear and tear. I wouldn't pay more than $1200 for this piece, but honestly, I wouldn't buy it at all, better examples out there. You can pickup a mint 861 complete with box for just a little more than this guy is asking. Good luck.

DocHolliday likes this.
  5. DocHolliday Dec 8, 2014

Thanks!

The only reason I'm putting it under (now slight) consideration is because he lives in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex, and could meet at my jeweler. It looks likes it's going to be more trouble than it's worth though.

6. alam Dec 8, 2014

This happens a lot - perhaps this is a technique recommended in the best seller book "eBay Selling Strategies for Dummies" ... ::facepalm2::

DocHolliday likes this.