Forums Latest Members
  1. ulackfocus May 17, 2012

Now you're researching too? Let this be your official welcome to the insanity. ;)

2. smithrjd May 17, 2012

Well next time I will try and remember to do the research prior to the bidding.. For the money I am actually pretty happy. It is rather hard to find a running one in this condidtion. I will however be setting my sites on watchs a bit higher in the food chain..

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 18, 2012

TBH if you're this good at researching, I find on average one genuinely cool watch drops out of heaven, whether through a friend, eBay, garage sale, or whatever about every 18 months. Keep your eyes open and make sure everyone you know is aware of the fact that if they find an old mechanical watch you're the guy they should show it to, then just wait, like fishing, a cool pie-pan, or a vintage sub, or a 70s El Primero or something will hop into your lap.

4. smithrjd May 22, 2012

Well I have the watch in hand, it really is exceptionally clean. I believe that it has been serviced as well. All funtctions work, at least as well as a model like this can.. The second hand does start, stop as a Chronostop should. Not really a very funtional watch other than perhaps a stop watch and telling time. Sure does have a bunch on the dial.. I am a bit amazed at it's accuracy, almost 48 hours now and it still matches the microwave and cable box. It is a POS, but perhaps a unique one that does indeed perform a function as a stop watch and a regular watch. Winding the watch sounds like a come along.. In a quite room it ticks very loudly. It will become my novelty watch and a reminder to do the research first..

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 22, 2012

Sometimes engineering is as much about luck as quality lol

6. smithrjd May 27, 2012

It's rather funny, I am seeing these 0 to 1 jewel wonders priced from $15 to over $300 with bidders on the bay. I did learn a lesson here, but at what I paid I at least have an honest one that is in good shape. Still running and keeping time with a minute every two days. I am going to keep it to remind me of distractions..LOL