Forums Latest Members

Website vintage-watches-collection.com

1. Jsbx99 Aug 29, 2014

Dear all,
    i considering buying my first omega vintage ( seamaster 1969) on the website vintage-watches-collection.com,
    i am seeking for advise on the reputation of this site, could i trust it ?
    thx very much for your feedback
    Christophe

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 29, 2014

Welcome.

Though I haven't used them, after a quick look, IMO the prices are at the high end of retail. You can get a better idea of the market by browsing though the watch marketplace here, noting the prices on watches that actually sold.

Are you looking for something specific?

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 29, 2014

Way overpriced

4. Dogmann Aug 29, 2014

Hi Jsbx99,

I would try finding what you want elsewhere as was interested in the Omega Seamaster 120 and a Heuer 844 divers watch they have sent them an e-mail back in late June asking how to proceed on buying and still have not heard anything back from them. Whilst they may not be the cheapest around they did seem to have very nice examples but without contact it was impossible to proceed. Although on looking on the website I just noticed there are a couple of mobile phone numbers maybe I should of tried those, but not getting back to me in a reasonable time frame was enough for me to decide my money was better spent elsewhere.

Marc

5. bish789 Aug 30, 2014

I text them and emailed them about a 200 Seamaster pre bond. No reply. They are an hour from me and I was going to go over do a deal and pay cash. No reply. Waste of time. Wont try and do anything with them ever again. Useless.

6. Jsbx99 Aug 30, 2014

Hi all,
    thx very much for your prompt feedback, i will call them today.
    my goal is to find a seamaster (120 or not), or a heuer autavia from 1969 , my birthyear.
    i'll have a look on this marketplace too.
    cheers and have a good WE
    C

7. bish789 Aug 30, 2014

Let us know if they answer. I will take it personally if they do!!

8. NT931 Aug 30, 2014

2 years ago, when I first started with watches, a couple of people gave some helpful advice about that website. I'd be wary given the amount of puffery written about each watch, eg. on this JLC Club. Plus they say it's on an 'ostrich skin type' strap, while the picture shows it on a lizard strap. :cautious:

9. Traveler Aug 30, 2014

I looked into this site a while back, as I was really tempted by a few pieces on there, but was put off by the incredible waffle ( which by the way failed to include some basic details such as case dimensions etc. )... Anyway, over at Rolexforums I found multiple posts warning of frankens and re-dials, as well as 'customer service' issues, so I chose to stay away. For me, I have boiled it down to a few trusted web sites out there that give accurate and honest descriptions with fair prices, but I can't think of a better place to start a collection than browsing through the 'for sale' posts here, from members of this great community...

10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 30, 2014

Same watches that were on there several years ago also.:whistling:

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 30, 2014

Yea that happens with a lot of sites like that

12. NT931 Aug 30, 2014

13. Jsbx99 Aug 30, 2014

Hi ,
    i called them today, told me they will call me back, but i am still waiting....
    in the meantime i found a cery nice seamaster 1969 on the website classicwristwatches.com
    any advise on that site ?
    thank you
    c

14. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 30, 2014

Rather than treating the forum like a personalised version of Google, you might want to try doing your own research or looking through the Sales Forums for something from a seller known to the members here.

UncleBuck, JohnSteed, STANDY and 4 others like this.
  15. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 30, 2014

Bricks and mortar stores are going to add a few $ on top and most on here would not pay the extra few hundred dollars.
    Take your time and spend a few weeks researching and you will save a few hundred dollars and learn whilst you go.
    There is a bit to learn (over polishing, fake parts, franken watches made up from several old watches)

As above put a WTB add on here for a 1969 birth year Omega. And use the search on this site as most topic,s have been done before.

JohnSteed likes this.
  16. JohnSteed Aug 30, 2014

Funny that your hunt for a 1969 seamster brings you here. Last year pretty much the same thing happened in my search for a seamaster. Stick around here if you're really interested in a vintage watch. You won't be disappointed, I think, and your question is already answered...somewhere here, most likely. Do take some time to search here on the sales forums. Look through WRUW at some great examples.

Good luck on your hunt. Oh yeah, it's personal and it's fun, here.

Mothra and Tritium like this.
  17. Daytona12 Sep 2, 2014

This was an email response I got from them on July 02, 2014. This after sending a couple of enquiries...........

"Dear Mr P,

Many thanks for that. Our website is woefully out of date, but if you let us know which watches, or watches, were of interest, we would be delighted to email pictures of similar examples that are currently in stock and available.

Feel very welcome to call us on UK +7958 333442.

Best wishes,

Marcus Hardy www.vintage-watches-collection.com"

18. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Sep 3, 2014

For the benefit of non-UK residents, that is a mobile phone number so it could be quite an expensive call.

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  19. Dogmann Sep 3, 2014

Hi all,

Interesting that some here have made contact and received replies whilst others like myself got no response at all!!! wonder how that works?

Marc

20. Davidt Sep 3, 2014

Seems like it might be either a sole trader or a very small company that set up a website and most of the time their hands are full doing fairs or auctions and as such don't really bother with the website anymore.

More than enough reasons to avoid for me.