Forums Latest Members
  1. AlexHarradine Jul 25, 2014

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

Hi,

I recently moved into a new house which had quite a bit of clutter left in the attic. Among the junk I found an Omega Constellation Megaquartz 32khz watch but can't seem to find much information on it other than it being from around 1974.

However, all the pictures I can find of it don't quite match the look of the one I've found. They either have a gold bevel or a red omega sign on the face, which this one doesn't have. They also all seem to have a stainless steel strap, whereas this one has a leather strap with an omega symbol on the fastening.

Can anyone shed any light on this particular watch? It's origins, its accuracy as a watch, its value (and therefore is it worth restoring?).

Many thanks,

Alex

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 25, 2014

Its real, and its quartz, so not hugely valuable. It looks basically as it should, if there's an old battery in it that's leaked it'll probably have done damage, if not, stick a battery in it and see if it runs.

If its not damaged the accuracy should be very good.

3. AlexHarradine Jul 25, 2014

Hmmm if it has no value to it then probably not worth the effort spending any time on it.

Thanks for your help :).

Alex

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 25, 2014

If it runs with a battery in it, then it does have value for sure, even broken someone might want it for parts.

5. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jul 25, 2014

.....er and it was free to begin with!

6. TLIGuy Jul 25, 2014

I was thinking it was one more free Omega than you had when you moved in so for the price of a battery it might be a nice little piece that conveyed with the house.

7. larryganz The cable guy Jul 30, 2014

Where is the thumbs down button here?

8. Dablitzer Jul 30, 2014

There is a market for these, I popped a battery in a quartz omega I found at a jumble sale for 50p and it made £175 on eBay. Not worthless...But, I'd just hang on to it and have it as a lucky omen for the move in. We just shun accuracy and quartz around here! ;)

cristos71 likes this.
  9. cristos71 Jul 30, 2014

Not quite the 10 pound 1675 GMT found in a pile of fakes at a car boot, but a nice result anyway!

10. Dablitzer Jul 30, 2014

That's true, but little money, is some money! :thumbsup: :p

11. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Jul 31, 2014

At last a story that doesnt involve fake uncles a ommegas, the megaquartz is collectable to some folk i can assure you.