Forums Latest Members

Warning: Someone is posing as Myron Erickson

1. Myron Nov 11, 2014

Warning: Someone is posing as me and writing to people I have done watch sales and trades with making ridiculous offers. The offers are fraudulent. The fraudulent email address that I've seen used is roverhavenl at gmail. You will note that my address is roverhaven at gmail (no "l" at the end of roverhaven).

The scam started when I got an email from someone posing as the person I bought a watch from a couple months ago. He was offering a too good to be true deal on a Rolex Daytona. I wasn't interested but forwarded to a friend I thought might be. My friend backed out of the deal because it smelled fishy, and the scammer then wrote to my friend using my name and the fake email address for me above offering to broker the deal as a middle man.

I have written to the scammer telling him I am wise to his fraud, but if you are a friend, pen pal, contact, or just someone I had the pleasure of buying a watch from or selling a watch to, and we left public references for each other somewhere, you may be next on his list. Please be cautious and feel free to write to me directly at my correct email address or send me a PM through this site to confirm.

Thanks,

Myron

2. bigdubnick Nov 14, 2014

This sucks, Myron. Thanks for the heads up and I hope it clears out soon. There is only ONE Myron!