Forums Latest Members

FS Vintage Tudor ref. 7965 Small Rose Oyster-Prince w/ Rare Circular Dial

1. tomvox1 Apr 13, 2014

Tudor7965Circular-lng_edited-1.jpg Tudor7965Circular-8_edited-1.jpg
    Up for sale is this lovely and uncommon 1960s Tudor ref. 7965 stainless steel "Small Rose" Oyster-Prince featuring a beautiful original circular "sunburst" dial with coffin markers. Most sunburst patterns radiate outwards from the center in straight lines -- this dial's grain is concentric like an LP record. This great vintage dress Tudor features the full-rotor ETA-based caliber 2483, the same engine found in the classic Tudor Submariners of the late 1960s. This Oyster-Prince has the traditional 3-piece Rolex Oyster case and its metallic silver dial gives a very cool and sleek "all-steel" appearance on the wrist. This fine vintage Tudor is in Excellent original vintage condition overall.

The asking price for this beautiful Tudor Oyster-Prince is now REDUCED to $1050 USD OBRO, including fully insured FedEx worldwide shipping. Bank Wire is always appreciated but Paypal is OK on this watch with split fees (+2% to the buyer).Payment must be made in US DOLLARS. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting.

Tudor7965Circular-7_edited-1.jpg Tudor7965Circular-9_edited-1.jpg Tudor7965Circular-1_edited-1.jpg Tudor7965Circular-10_edited-1.jpg Tudor7965Circular-3_edited-1.jpg Tudor7965Circular-bk_edited-1.jpg Tudor7965Circular-move_edited-1.JPG Tudor7965Circular-innrbk_edited-1.jpg Tudor7965Circular-crwn_edited-1.jpg Tudor7965Circular-sd_edited-2.jpg Tudor7965Circular-SN_edited-1.JPG Tudor7965Circular-modno_edited-1.jpg Tudor7965Circular-11_edited-1.jpg Tudor7965Circular-4_edited-1.jpg

CASE & BACK: Slightly oversize 34.5mm wide (not including crown) x 41mm long but very slim 10mm tall 3-piece case with pressure fit smooth bezel shows little polish with the lugs quite thick and sharp and the lug holes not distorted. Lug tops have a crisp satin finish with some small scratches and the mirrored sides also have some light scratches. Conservatively and by my strict standards, I rate the case as in Excellent+ and probably lightly polished vintage condition. Complete model number and 581,k serial number are present and legible between their respective lugs. My best guess is that this watch was produced in the middle 60s give or take a year or two either way. The outer caseback has some superficial scratches and some nicks to the knurling in places--Very Good cosmetic condition overall. All correct "Oyster Case by Rolex" nomenclature is present outside and the inner caseback is stamped with the correct Tudor nomenclature of the period, as well as the famed CRS case makers stamp (CRS also made Daytona cases for Rolex). Neither the inner case or inner back show any significant corrosion.

DIAL & HANDS: Beautiful and Excellent condition original factory printed Small Rose logo dial with rare circular "sunburst" milled finish. There is some discoloration to the left edge of the dial but all original luminous dots are present and nicely aged. Really attractive applied faceted wide bar markers at the quarter hours and coffin-style markers for the rest. Silver "cigarette"-style hour and minute hands show a bit of age to their surfaces but all luminous fill is intact, Excellent, and the slender steel sweep seconds hand is Near Mint. Just a really cool and unusual dial and hands layout on this Tudor Oyster-Prince with a classic mid-60s Mad Men vibe to it.

CROWN: Rolex Twinlock crown with underline screws down tightly, sits flush to the case and pulls out to the winding and non-hack time setting positions as it should.

CRYSTAL: Nice domed acrylic crystal seems older but is very clear and non-crazed without chips and only minor scratches--Excellent.

MOVEMENT: Tudor-specific ETA 2483 "Auto-Prince" 17-jewel automatic movement with ROW import code, therfore made for the North American market. This caliber is also found in the non-date Tudor Subs in the latter half of the 1960s but no other manufacturers' watches that I'm aware of. While I don't know the service history of the watch, this great movement, which is highly desirable in its own right, is keeping very good time with a strong power reserve and I guarantee that to be the case at the time of shipment.

BAND: This classic Tudor comes on a slightly used and very attractive croc-patterned black leather Hadley-Roma 19mm strap with generic steel buckle with just a bit of wear--Near Mint to Excellent condition.

As I have opened this Tudor to take photos of the movement & inner back and screwed it back down with just my hand wrench, as well as never having it pressure tested myself, I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this watch.
    This great 100% genuine Vintage Tudor Oyster-Prince is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund (less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer). This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,

T.

[email protected]

Tudor7965Circular-2_edited-1.jpg
  2. tomvox1 Apr 15, 2014

Back to the top--busy around here!

3. tomvox1 Apr 19, 2014

Bump & REDUCED to $1050 USD OBRO.
    Best,
    T.

4. tomvox1 Apr 21, 2014

Take it to the top.