Forums Latest Members
  1. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 14, 2012

Dear all respectable members,

Military watch is not my favorite, but when I saw this offering in local website, looks like something that I might interested to add to my collection. What do you think in term condition, collectibility and fair price range for this condition? I also heard that pre 1950 movement parts are difficult to find hence more difficult to service. Is it true?
    Thank you for your valuable opinion..........

IMG_3809.JPG

IMG_3810.JPG

IMG_3811.JPG

IMG_3829.JPG

IMG_3831.JPG

IMG_3833.JPG

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Nov 14, 2012

I don't think it is genuine military issue, as it doesn't have the WWW stamp on the inside caseback? Suspect it is a redial.

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 14, 2012

Dial looks like it could be original to a 1953 military watch, but case is much earlier.

Hands are totally wrong. Look like 1920's or '30's style.

Omega Vintage Database shows that Ref. 2292 was issued to the RAF and should have a Cal. 30 T2 SC, with center seconds, not a subseconds movement.

I think that with the right parts, you could get two military watches out of one frankenwatch.
    gatorcpa

PS - This one looks correct for the "HS8" case and dial:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MILITARY-19...IR-ARM-PILOTS-WATCH-BROAD-ARROW-/110975391040Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Nov 14, 2012

Ok, so I was partially right ???

5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 14, 2012

I got this from Omega Vintage database, special issue for Malayan forces......

Other -"Malayan Forces"

Gents' leather strap
    Reference CK 2444
    International collection 1945, Special seriesNumbered and limited
    Movement
    Type: Manual winding (mechanical)
    Caliber number: 30 T2 RS
    Created in 1940
    15 jewels
    Special adjustment (chronometer like)

Functions Chronometer, Subsecond
    Case Stainless steel
    Case back Screw-in
    Dial Special mat black dial with heavy radium dots and luminous radium hands. "Broad Arrow" symbol (wide arrow).

Crystal "Unbreakable" armoured hesalite
    Bracelet Leather
    Water resistance 30 meters

eMuseumPlus.jpg

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 14, 2012

Using this watch as reference (very logical since it was used for Malayan forces - English army fighting in South East Asia):
    Dial is correct, the hand is wrong/ replaced, the case looks correct, the crown is correct, the case back is wrong (wrong ref number - should be 2444), the movement is correct with 10XXXX number point to the right era (1944-1946).

With this new information what do you think of desireability (it is numbered and limited)? Is wrong hands a big sin? I can see previous owner want to replace with a more decorated albeit not correct hands.

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 14, 2012

"Unbreakable" Armoured Hesalite hey?

8. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 15, 2012

They should make helmet and body protector with it...........:D

9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 15, 2012

Latest update: I have called the guy and decided to cancel buying it. Too high asking price, lack of knowledge on his own product and the biggest sin: insisting everything original............

Well thank you for all members here in helping me learning that within short time I could handle this type of seller.