Forums Latest Members
  1. CarHuff Aug 31, 2014

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I recently purchased a vintage Omega watch and I am trying to tell if it is real, and what model it is. I've attached photos, here is the info I have located on the movement and inside the back of the case.

Case back: 14k; #7575, below that #43437

Movement: #14698565, #480 under logo, there is also #X06 on the movement.

The watch is marked Omega Watch Co on the inside of The case back and on the movement, with the insignia in both places, as well as on the closure of the bracelet & crown. The crystal is faceted on the outer edge.

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 31, 2014

You have a very real ladies' Omega "cocktail" watch from the mid-1950's, made for the US market.

The 14K white gold case was made in the US by a licensed contractor to Omega and the movement was made in Switzerland.

These watches generally did not have model names. They were made in hundreds of styles, but only a few per style. Something about women preferring to not have the same accessories and style as their friends.

It's a nice, quality piece. However, it is hopelessly out of style today.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

François Boucher likes this.
  3. CarHuff Aug 31, 2014

Thank you! That helps tremendously.

I know now that the look is VERY vintage. However, the fact that it is so different is what drew my eye. I'm pleased (and relieved) that it isn't a fake!

Thanks so much!